Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 484 total)
  • Summer rugby thread
  • duckman

I would like to see Mears starting between those two I think England need a good platform and Mears is a better scrummager. In any case,Marler will drop pens, and so it will seem like Hartley is playing.

anagallis_arvensis

Mears isnt very good, Hartley for all his idiotic behaviour is a good player.

sputnik
    Free Member

Who is broadcasting the England v Sa game?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Theres a couple of potentially good matches in the JWC this afternoon:

Junior WC – New Zealand v Wales (3.45pm)
    Junior WC – England v Ireland (5.45pm)

anagallis_arvensis

Sky spurts i expect.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Any coverage anywhere, BM?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Any coverage anywhere, BM?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Yeah Sky sports 2

juanking

Is there anywhere online which will be showing the games especially the Wales one tomorrow? Chaars.

juanking

Thanks TJ.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So for Scotland / Fiji

should Scotladn stick with the same team? or give some of the other guys a shot?

We didn’t get any chance t see what the backs could do against Aus and not one of the forwards had a duff game. Walsh is out with injury

For me – starting team

1) Grant
    2. Ford
    3. Murray
    4. Gray
    5. Kellock
    6. Strokosch
    7. Barclay
    8. Vernon
    9. Blair
    10. Laidlaw
    11. Visser
    12. Scott
    13. NDL
    14. Ansbro
    15. Hogg

Rennie gets a rest, Barclay gets to play at 7. Maybe Ryder for kelloch?

However perhaps a lot of subs early – I want to see Weir get some significant game time – maybe a half and then do you move laidlaw to 9 with weir at ten or bring on Cussiter and Weir at haltime?

Can a case be made for Brown to get a game?

So continuity and let the team settle or ring the changes to give everyone a shot?

anagallis_arvensis

I think Scotland should put out a full strength side and try to build some confidence..

duckman

A-A; Mears has dangled between two muppets all season,imo better than Hartley who pops up as soon as somebody shoves him. Agree with your point about building some Scottish confidence, however strok and rennie as defensive, pick a back row who will support and link.

anagallis_arvensis

Mears is how old? He’s never been good enough before dont see why he should be now. Hartley is a good player, does tend to pop up though mostly for Northampton I always think its down to Tongawhatsit who seems to either dominate or be dominated with nothing in between.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Clicky…

(WTF is “Baby blacks” all about? We all know the All Blacks are Neath. Or Launceston. 😉 )

New Zealand U20s 6 – 9 Wales U20s

Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i’m gwlad.

anagallis_arvensis

So anyway tomorrow, wales will lose and I’ll be gutted as they bave the team to win it.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ian Robertson is just a utter tool, just heard him on the radio talking utter shite, how is he still employed by the BBC.

Great win for the Welsh U20’s

Flash you will have to explain your dislike for the All Blacks and I am not talking about Neef.

Pigface
    Free Member

oops

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

come on Ireland – having a real go 🙂

NZCol

SBW with another quality offload. Great game so far, some good hits and quality defence from Ireland.

Pigface
    Free Member

er how is being 16 – 3 down having a real go TJ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A little more now.

Ireland seem up for it, but some sloppy tackling seems to be letting them down.

NZCol

I quite fancy Dan carter

Pigface
    Free Member

Savea hat trick 😯

vinnyeh

My radio stream (RTE extra) seems to have switched to music- anybody got a link to a live commentary?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Frantically calling a few pubs to see who’s showing the Wales game….:*

Pigface
    Free Member

Irish fight back starts now 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Finds pub. Rides off to watch! Might even have wifi……*

Pigface
    Free Member

No shame in that for the Irish, NZ looking amazing.

loum
    Free Member

Ireland played well. NZ were brilliant today.

Pigface
    Free Member

Bugger same old slow starting problems and to many errors, beaten fair and square 😥

anagallis_arvensis

Anyone point me to somewhere i can download the game?

juanking

Slow starting indeed but bloody help Priestland cost us 10/14 points. Very disappointed with him and with the opening half full stop.

anagallis_arvensis

Priestland hasnt played well for a while. Not seen todays game but he has looked like he’s carrying injuries for a while. No option to change either unless he plays v brumbirs on wednesday and hook comes in but then who plays 15 if norths broken?

loum
    Free Member

Hook in at FH would be an improvement, definitely worth a go ‘cos the Ausssies were there for the taking when the ball went wide. He was better than Priestland (he can catch 😉 ) in the time he had. Not difficult today though. Wales can play better and the series could still go either way.

I wory more for Ireland. The All Blacks were different class. The three new caps- Retallick, Smith, and Savea were brilliant. They didn’t miss Brad Thorn, or Kahui and Jane. And Dan Carter playing again more than compensated for any others missing.

Guildford, SBW, Victor Vito and Hore dont excatly weaken the team

TBH, three of those are players that don’t improve the team. Guildford’s nowhere near Kahui or Jane when they’re fit, and probably behind Savea now too. Thomson came on for Vito and improved things in the back row, but neither can match World player of the year Jerome Kaino. And Mealamu and Nonu were being rested but are unlikely to be replaced permanently by Hore or SBW. I’d say Elliot has more chance of hooking in the next WC. And Sonny Bill’s an exciting player, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they play Cruden at 10 and move Carter out to 12 ahead of him. They are brilliant, but this All Black team will get even better.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Pigface – Member

er how is being 16 – 3 down having a real go TJ?

It was 3 each and Ireland were attacking witht he ball in hand when I posted that.

So AA – thats Scotland proven to be a better team than Wales then?
    😉

Pigface
    Free Member

I guess it does TJ 😆

Is that a demonstration of the Edinburgh defence 8)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Newcastle 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Dull game so far

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 484 total)

The topic ‘Summer rugby thread’ is closed to new replies.