Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Suits or casual to the office?
  • TooTall
    Free Member

The STW IT Support Collective (most posters here), along with the media world and most civil servants will shun any idea that what you look like on the outside may be taken as a reflection of what you are like on the inside. However, it is human nature to make some level of judgement (whether you like it or not) from appearances – it is how we learned to survive.
    The t-shirt wearing types will make smart comments about ‘not being clever enough’ or ‘being judgemental’, but it is human nature. I dress differently at different times. If I am riding a bike, I won’t wear a suit. However, if I am in a meeting, I probably won’t wear lycra. Am I a slave to conformity, or do I know how to use human nature to my advantage? Your call.

binners

Am I a slave to conformity, or do I know how to use human nature to my advantage? Your call

Only one way to truly find out fella. Looks like lycra for your next meeting. Let us know how it goes 😉

TheBrick
    Free Member

TooTall – Member
    The STW IT Support Collective (most posters here), along with the media world and most civil servants will shun any idea that what you look like on the outside may be taken as a reflection of what you are like on the inside. However, it is human nature to make some level of judgement (whether you like it or not) from appearances – it is how we learned to survive.
    The t-shirt wearing types will make smart comments about ‘not being clever enough’ or ‘being judgemental’, but it is human nature. I dress differently at different times. If I am riding a bike, I won’t wear a suit. However, if I am in a meeting, I probably won’t wear lycra. Am I a slave to conformity, or do I know how to use human nature to my advantage? Your call.

This is only relevant if you are meeting clients / customers. If it’s the same people who you work with they will know you and your quality of work.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Suit and tie to work is a very British thing. Plenty of other countries don’t have such ideas, e.g. suits are fairly rare in Denmark.

footflaps

TooTall – you should go work in Silicon Valley for a few months, you just don’t see suits out there.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Software Designer – trousers, polo/button-up shirt, casual shoes.

I put a suit and tie on for visiting clients

LoCo
    Free Member

In the office now hoodie, jeans, skate trainers

kimbers

fortunately i work in a lab so i wear a labcoat (and nothing underneath)

nah jeans and a tshirt and trainers really
    after 15 years of this i find suits suffocating

Tinners

If you think that office working men have got it bad having to wear a suit to work, there was someone in our village who was sacked for wearing a flowery dress that revealed too much cleavage. Mind you, he should have known better being a policeman…..

sharkbait
    Free Member

Whatever I can find in the drawer – but it is my business 🙂 Will soon be April and the start of t-shirt and shorts until Oct 1st.

If seeing a new client I will wear trousers and shirt but have pretty much given up wearing a tie

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Sports gear for me. All supplied by our sponsor.

Wet weather gear today though. 😡

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Suits or casual to the office?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM