Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Refurb Macbook Dealers – recommendations…
  • the-muffin-man

Just wondered if anyone could recommend any reputable dealers in 2nd hand/refurbed MacBooks?

I know there are loads for sale on eBay, but they still go for fair chunks of money and I’d feel safer paying a few quid more and get one with a 3 or 6 month warranty, than taking a gamble.

Cheers!

CountZero

The Apple Store would be my first choice, otherwise an Apple Premium Dealer like Farpoint Developements in Bath, for example.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Apple also offload them through their own website. Stock changes all of the time.

Are you/your spouse a teacher etc? You can get decent discounts off new ones if you are.

earl_brutus
    Free Member

pc world have a load on their website at the mo

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Apple store. 1 year warranty. Bought a few things from them and all been great.
    Apple refurbished

the-muffin-man

How much discount does a student get?

bagpuss
    Free Member

Too much

IGMC

pixelmix
    Free Member

Apple used to do about 8% off new models for students, and I think that stills applies. Nothing off the refurb stuff. Your Apple store will tell you, or you can go through to a student page on the website.

I always buy my computers during the “Back to School” offer in September, as you get the discount and an iPod for next to nothing too (which I sell on eBay if I don’t need it). I did this once when a student, and then got Mrs PixelMix to do it last time around as she is a teacher.

vdubber67
    Free Member

I’ve just bought an iMac from Scrumpymacs to run as a music studio computer. Not got it yet(!), but they seem helpful

Mate recommended them, as he had a Macbook Pro from them.

grantway
    Free Member

Apple are doing 10 months intrest free at the moment and no
    deposit needed.
    My advice would be to buy a new one from Apple.
    I never known a fixed computer ever to be right after a repair
    Also you dont know what was wrong with it in the first place!!

woffle
    Free Member

I’d go via Apple – as to comments ^^ about them being fixed computer; it’s not always the case – they could be straight returns for example. Over the last 10 years or so I’ve always bought my macs as refurbs (imac x 2, ibook x 1, macbook x 1, ipods, airport express and extreme) and never had an issue. Sometimes you get lucky and get free upgrades – two of the laptops came with more RAM than specified, one came with a fully licensed copy of Adobe Photoshop, etc. The only thing being that they usually come in a plain brown cardboard box rather than the original packaging.

KeithSmith
    Free Member

If your anywhere near Guildford, Cancom offer fantastic service..

binners

Another vote for Cancom. I bought a refurb off them a few years back. The monitor was DOA. They replaced it immediately under warranty, no questions asked. Just sent me a new moniter and asked if I could pop the dead one in the post when i got chance.

In fact, they were a damn site more co-operative and helpful than the official Mac Store I bought a subsequent Mac off. All they seemed interested in was fleecing me for more cash when it went very expensively wrong just after the 3 month (yes… 3 months!!! On brand new parts!!!) warranty expired

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Refurb Macbook Dealers – recommendations…’ is closed to new replies.