Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Suits and boots…
  • donsimon
    Free Member

…Good to go or no way José?

yossarian
    Free Member

Are you in the Gestapo?

sc-xc

No. And you should know better.

duntmatter
    Free Member

MSP

Suited and booted, its the only way to dress for the modern suave debt collector.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Indeed. Much like the fact that thou shalt not wear a short sleeved shirt with a tie unless thou dost be a bus driver, there are certain commandments that must be followed.

One simply doesn’t wear boots with a suit.

Also, no brown in town.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

What if you work in a rural town? I’ve got brown merrell casual boots on, and I work in an office…

monotokpoint
    Free Member

A lot of guys here in London seem to be wearing trainers (normally white running ones) with suits when they walk between the office and train stations. Looks awful and irritates me!

Moses

Fashion rules are there to allow people to be part of the gang. Or flock.
    If you’re not worried about being “in” with whatever group makes their little rules, ignore them.

Harry_the_Spider

I wear Chelsea boots with my suit and look very stylish.

However, I am Northern.

BillMC

That suit and trainers thing is very common in New York. George boots with suits?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hashfeart talks bollocks once again. Brogue boots are perfectly acceptable.

donsimon
    Free Member

Uggs?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Darcy, brown brogue boots are indeed acceptable with a suit. Providing that suit is tweed and isn’t being worn in Town! 🙂

Moses

Are you related to Oliver Letwin, Flashy?

donsimon
    Free Member

One simply doesn’t wear boots with a suit.

Also, no brown in town.
    Surely the rules are to be pushed and challenged and simply conforming shows a lack of character.

thebunk

Surely the rules are to be pushed and challenged and simply conforming shows a lack of character.

Character is displayed by understanding which rules can be challenged or broken, not indiscriminately being an annoying and badly dressed person.

For the good of mankind, some rules mustn’t be broken, ever – such as ‘Try not to kill anyone’, and ‘Don’t wear boots with a suit’.

lunge

Character is displayed by understanding which rules can be challenged or broken, not indiscriminately being an annoying and badly dressed person

Quite agree, your belt should also match you shoes as well. Simple rules to make life better.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Suits and boots…’ is closed to new replies.