Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Suggestions for 26" AM/Enduro frame fork combo
  • foxwelljsly
    Free Member

My 26″ superlight is way too close in travel to the hardtail to make keeping both sensible, so I’m looking to change up the frame and fork to something AM/Enduro with around 150mm travel front and rear.

Q is, apart from the Santa Cruz Offerings (Heckler, Nomad, Blur) what else might it be worth scouring the free ads for?

cheers

scaled
    Free Member

Original Nukeproof mega?

Was cracking fun with a Lyrik on there

roverpig

26″ Five or Alpine, depending on whether you want slightly more or slightly less than 150mm 🙂

breninbeener

The 26″ Trek Remedy was a great bike.

chakaping
    Free Member

Late model 26in Zesty was a great bike.

Maybe Cotic Rocket?

eddie11
    Free Member

Spitfire?

hambl90
    Free Member

I really enjoyed the Titus el guapo I had , climb really well too.

Simon

Specialized Pitch or Enduro

deviant
    Free Member

Anything 650b will take 26 wheels and ride lower and more stable if that’s your thing.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

26″ Rocket. I’ve got Pike RCT3s on mine, but anything around 160mm travel will work.

braddersrm
    Free Member

Yeti SB66c – still rocking mine and probably will until the day I destroy the frame or it is rediculously difficult to get parts for it

WildHunter2009

There a pair of 26 Fox Van RC2forks in the classifieds :p
    Shameless plug sorry 🙂

vinnyeh

And a Mojo HD frame with Lyriks 😆

P-Jay
    Free Member

Cove G-Spot, not so much a bike as a statement of awesome intent. Where as some bike makers took their 5” Trail bike and made it a bit bigger and called it “Enduro” Cove, being potless and short on ideas as usual took their rock smashing bike park assult weapon the Shocker and made it a bit smaller.

The result was frankly terrible on paper, but a **** hooligan of a bike.

poah
    Free Member

unless you can find something like a transition suppressor, I’d just get a 650b bike.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

As above, 26″ stuff is largely overpriced, trashed or both.

If you need a fork and frame get what you can for your fork frame *and wheels* and get something which suits your purpose with what ever size wheels it happens to have.

Also don’t be too disappointed when you manage 400 for your sc frame and fork.

gelert
    Free Member

Hey, stop talking about 26 in the past tense! My Alpine 160 is still awesome. It’ll only be 3 years old in a month.

Mugboo

Another vote for the 2012 Rocket here. Going to get mine resprayed this winter and buy a new front tyre to match the new back tyre in my collection.

After a weekend at GT/Golfie/Inners, it’s clear that fast boys are fast whatever they ride.

poah
    Free Member

gelert – Member
    Hey, stop talking about 26 in the past tense! My Alpine 160 is still awesome. It’ll only be 3 years old in a month.

My suppressor is 18 months old

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My blur ltc with 160mm 34s with added avalanche cart? Probably yours for a sensible offer and collection from hobart tasmania 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Picked up a mojo hd 140 for 300 quid off here a couple weeks ago.

Looks hardly used.

Pairing it with the lyriks and wheels off my 456 + the dropper off my fatty.

Will be my first full sus since my 98 heckler (basically the modern superliht with heavier gauge tubing and a coil shock)

26″ stuff doesnt hae to be expensive or trashed,

mehr
    Free Member

A pitch with 160 coil Lyriks or 36 is the only answer, despite having newer bikes mine still gets ridden the most

hydromonkey
    Free Member

Another vote for the titus el guapo here. I’ve had one for a couple of years with a 170 lyrik fork fitted. It’s taken everything I’ve thrown at it in it’s stride and got be out of a few jams with minimal fuss. The bike was far more capable than I am.

Would recommend the mission control or charger damper in the fork if you can find one.

Now the add. I’ve only recently replaced this bike and will be selling the frame with shock. Its a large raw frame with rs monarch shock.

Alpha1653

It’s not yet listed in the classifieds so this doesn’t qualify as a shameless plug (!) but I’ve got a large 2014 Blur TR going, invisiframe from new etc. I paired it with a 140mm fork and some big tires – more than capable of a week in the alps and the odd Enduro race. I’m only selling as it’s a touch small for me. Let me know if you’re interested.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for 26" AM/Enduro frame fork combo’ is closed to new replies.