Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • STWP – political manifesto – what would you put in it?
  • loum
    Free Member

Mandarin oranges at break time in schools.
    Free milk at break time in schools.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

First things first, I’d tidy up government/democracy system itself. At the moment its far too corrupt. So for starters I’d…

1. No more external party funding, it can come from central coffers.

2. MP’s and Lords would not be able to earn money from outside gov sources, ie no more directorships of lobbying companies, this would continue for some time (possible till they retire) after they leave the house.

3. All meetings, with anyone (security issues aside) should be published after 12 months.

That should clear up quite a lot of the corruption. From then on government would start work for the common good and not for themselves.

Job done and its only lunch time 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

UrbanHiker +1. Great ideas.

mcboo
    Free Member

I used to be a republican but I’ve decided that I like the Queen, it’s a good thing that the PM has a quiet natter with her once a week. Her first PM was Churchill, she’s probably worth listening to.

Not sure where that leaves us when Charles takes over but in the meantime lets not get rid of the one thing that makes us a little bit different just for the sake of it.

noteeth
    Free Member

1. BMX racing to be included in school PE.

2. One year’s mandatory national service as a healthcare assistant.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Not sure where that leaves us when Charles takes over

Poundbury.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Poundbury.

Poundland. that’s where the plebes will get their plastic flags.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

King is a title held for a week. You get the title by unarmed single combat In mud if it’s the title of queen.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘STWP – political manifesto – what would you put in it?’ is closed to new replies.