Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • STW Spotify Metal playlist
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

There seem to be a fair few of us here who enjoy a good rocking song.

If you use Spotify, I’ve set up a collaborative playlist, so feel free to add tracks to it (think you might have to follow it to be able to add). Always up for hearing new (to me) music, so add your faves to it and turn up the volume.

Links below

spotify:user:1127330414:playlist:3nfKRIu9vl4T3qy4AqyQwN

Duffer
    Free Member

Having trouble getting onto the playlist within spotify. Perhaps it’s becuase i’m on a tablet…

I need to get on there and fill it up with Prog!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I need to get on there and fill it up with Prog!

We have assumed control
    We have assumed control
    We have assumed control…..

I may just join you on that mission! 🙂

igm

Can I recommend Diamondhead? (Not exactly prog, but fun)

hughjardon
    Free Member

I’ve put some on and clicked on as following but seem to only be able to see mine and the op’s?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

think it’s just the two of us added tracks so far.

Must say, I do like that Monster Truck one you added

jimster01

This could be fun. 😈

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’m following.
    Just added a few NWOBHM tracks 😮

fin25
    Free Member

following, have stuck a few on, staying in the 80’s after today’s reminiscathon…

Duffer
    Free Member

There you go! I’ve made a start; i realise that Focus isn’t metal, and nor is Procupine Tree. But they’re both awesome! I’ve also put some Opeth and Dream Theatre on there to maintain the heavy balance.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Awesome, already some new to me bands to check out 😀

pedropete

Loving this

mamadirt
    Free Member

Freakin; Spotify there is alreadsy a member with this user name

Yes, I freakin’ know . . . it’s freakin’ me!

Guess I’ve forgotten y password or something 😳 butn hey, in the meantime have some Halestorm \m/

[video]http://youtu.be/6yMc3nPEE78[/video]

Turn it up …………!!!!

WillH

Ah, Halestorm. The lovely Lzzy Hale 8) Shame they chicken out into soft rock now and again when they ****ing rock when they put their minds to it.

I’ve added some more Halestorm. And some Devilskin, who are a local band in my neck of the woods. And some Metallica, cos’ you can never have enough Metalllica…

Look up Devilskin though, they’re superb. It’s rare to hear a woman fronting a decent rock outfit (please feel free to educate me if you know of any others… Deap Valley, The Pretty Reckless).

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Check out the 1st Girlschool album for some all female NWOBHM rock.
    I’ll stick some on the play list.

WillH

Also, who the **** put radiohead on there? I mean, it’s called a metal playlist, and it’s veered swiftly into rock of various genres, but WTF? Get a grip!

stumpy01

Do you have to have a premier account to add to the playlist.

I was fiddling with it last night (the playlist…) and couldn’t work out how to add a song to it. I gave up when I started playing Machine Head through my tablet at 11pm in bed by mistake….it didn’t go down well.

footflaps

We have assumed control
    We have assumed control
    We have assumed control…..

One of my all time fave albums!

Duffer
    Free Member

It’s rare to hear a woman fronting a decent rock outfit (please feel free to educate me if you know of any others

How heavy do you want to go? Look at Arch Enemy…

Nope. Once you’ve ‘followed’ the playlist, you simply select any song and find your way to ‘Add to playlist’

WillH

stumpy01 – Member

Nope, find the song you are after, click on the three dots (options menu) on the right and select add to > The STW metal playlist

Lifer
    Free Member

WillH – Member
    It’s rare to hear a woman fronting a decent rock outfit (please feel free to educate me if you know of any others… Deap Valley, The Pretty Reckless).

Walls of Jericho
    Punch
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Sleater-Kinney
    Royal Thunder

AND

Ship of Gold
    BANDCAMP!

footflaps

Can I recommend Diamondhead? (Not exactly prog, but fun)

just added a few classics to the play list….

nbt

IT’s metal and ROCK. Radiohead qwualify as Rock in my book.

Followed and added a couple of less obvious tracks (volbeat and shelter) 😉

jimster01

Right, we’ve got some Rush on there. 8)

Just waiting for someone to come along and saying we’re robbing the artist of their hard-earned cash. 😐

stumpy01

Got it sorted now – found the add to playlist button. Only thing on the mobile app without premium, you can’t play a specific track.
    So, having to trawl through and add things when I get to them.

Currently added a White Zombie track and now onto Pantera…..there’s gonna be a few of these!!

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Rush have had plenty of money off me over the years anyway 😀

Kryton57

ok, talk me through how to follow this on an ipad? I get the song list but can’t find any menu options, and can’t find it when searching for a playlist from my own Spotify.

stumpy01

I clicked on the link at the top (Android) and it asked if I wanted to open it in Spotify. So I said yes.

You then just click on the ‘follow playlist’ (or similar) button. I can’t look just now for the exact term as it will take me out of teh Pantera-fest I am currently in!

chambord
    Free Member

Haha who put Yes on there?!

footflaps

Well if Yes is there, then I should add some Journey…

chambord
    Free Member

Also, who the **** put radiohead on there?

OTOH it came on and now I’m listening to the bends so to whoever added it, cheers!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Look up Devilskin though, they’re superb. It’s rare to hear a woman fronting a decent rock outfit (please feel free to educate me if you know of any others… Deap Valley, The Pretty Reckless).

Cheers WillH – just added a couple of Devilskin tracks to my grooveshark playlist. Just missed out on tix to see The Pretty Reckless in Bristol this Sunday 🙁 . Skillet are worth a listen too if you can put up with a bit of ‘God Rock’ \m/

jimster01

Also, who the **** put radiohead on there? I mean, it’s called a metal playlist, and it’s veered swiftly into rock of various genres, but WTF? Get a grip!

That was me, sorry if you don’t like Radiohead, however the OP does say “a good rocking song” and the Bends is an absoulte belter of an album IMO.

OTOH it came on and now I’m listening to the bends so to whoever added it, cheers!

You’re welcome. 8)

Lifer
    Free Member

If I remember I’ll add some Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza. It’s fun.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5-KgMtd52A[/video]

johndoh
    Free Member

Yay! Added a few and looking forward to the office being empty so I can bang it on and bang it up loud.

footflaps

I see someone has added some Dio…

I was at 6th form with a 17yr old Rowan Robertson. After Dio fired Campbell, they advertised for a new guitarist and Rowan sent off a demo tape which they liked and sent him a 1st class ticket to the US, he never came back to Long Road Sixth Form!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well, hasn’t this worked out well! Old stuff, new stuff, little known stuff and some weird stuff!

Just what I needed after cruddy days work. Currently annoying fellow train passengers with some raps foot tapping!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Good story that footflaps

Does anyone known why the Tigertailz ballad ‘Heaven’ isn’t available on Spotify when pretty much all their other stuff is?

karlwoof
    Free Member

Added some The ghost inside and some fear factory. My workday listening needs should be taken care of with this playlist 🙂

footflaps

Does anyone known why the Tigertailz ballad ‘Heaven’ isn’t available on Spotify when pretty much all their other stuff is?

Either a different record company or someone else is credited with a contribution and they don’t have permission sorted with that record company. It happens a lot, albums come and then go on Spotify all the time – bloody irritating…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘STW Spotify Metal playlist’ is closed to new replies.