Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • stw mobile site/app?
  • adrec
    Free Member

Why isn’t a stw mobile site or app available. I can’t be the only one who 99% of the time I’m on here I’m on my phone. The functionality of this site when using a phone is not fantastic, and I’d happily pay a quid or so for an app. What are other people’s thoughts?

njee20
    Free Member

What do you find difficult on your phone that an app would improve?

Personally I think the simplicity of the site negates the need for a mobile version. In fact I tend to turn off mobile sites when I do use them, as they usually reduce functionality anyway, just make the font a bit bigger.

adrec
    Free Member

Little things, like if you want to find threads you’ve previously commented on, you have to start by clicking your username in the top right, which is tiny and usually results in hitting the subscription button. You should have the options of general forum, for sale, wanted and recent threads. Inserting pictures is rubbish too, not that that is anything to do with it not being a mobile site

PiknMix
    Free Member

Buy smaller fingers

njee20
    Free Member

Zoom in?

Pictures is crap, but as you say, unrelated to this site.

Never had any issues myself.

trail_rat
    Free Member

What phone ? Not an issue on the iphone anyway

Love the simplicity of this site – the fact you can browse albe it slowely even with the o of death for mobile signal 🙂 – as frequently happens on a train i get back home.

z1ppy

I hate mobile sites, definitely do not want one for this place thanks, and never felt the need for one on my (i)phone

adrec
    Free Member

hate is a strong word

si-wilson
    Free Member

mobile sites are shite. Responsive sites are not. STW should be responsive to smaller screens.

z1ppy

which is why I used it adrec, ebay was the worst offender, constantly forcing you into the mobile site (changed now.. why becuase ppl hated it!)..

danielgroves
    Free Member

mobile sites are shite. Responsive sites are not. STW should be responsive to smaller screens.

This. As far as I am concerned, responsive design is the future of the web. Done correctly, the result it yields are fantastic.

scotroutes

We were promised* a “mobile” version around a year ago…..

* OK – maybe not actually promised…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘stw mobile site/app?’ is closed to new replies.