Home Forums Chat Forum Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross

Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 2,762 total)
  • Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross
  • redmex
    Free Member

Could have been the father in law from a few weeks back that had a phobia about showers

reluctantjumper

Front seat passengers that put their feet up on the dashboard. Often barefoot.

Get your rank cheesy feet off the dash and windscreen, before, god forbid you have a crash and put your knee caps through your eye sockets as the airbag goes off.

I worked with someone who would hold the steering wheel with his right hand at 12 o’clock.  He had a small bump while driving in a queue and the airbag went off, he managed to knock himself out, break his nose, jaw and wrist.  He’d been warned multiple times but refused to change.

Cougar

Needy bastard applications.  I don’t need an unskippable “quick tutorial” to an app I’ve been using since the days of Windows 3.1, get to **** and show me the bloody document I’ve just opened.  If your UI is so counterintuitive that you need to foist a tutorial on your users then it is broken.

Whilst we’re on the subject, “open in browser” defaults.  Chrome opens .pdf documents in-browser, badly.  The mobile Facebook app opens web pages in-app, badly.  Just **** stop it already, it’s a shit user experience.

north of the border

People who hold their cutlery knives like a pen.

reluctantjumper

People who can only talk about football.

As in their opening line in a social situation is ‘What team do you support then?’ and when I answer ‘None, I don’t follow football.’ just carry on talking about football.  Usually because they have nothing else to talk about in their pitiful lives.

Just had it for 20 mins until their partner appeared over his shoulder mouthing ‘Sorry…’ and dragging him away!

blokeuptheroad

“Old guys rule” T-shirts and apparel. I am very much in their target demographic but Christ on a bendy bus they make my teeth itch!

sargey

People who take their dog to the pub,sit inside then bring the dog out for a pi## in the fully enclosed beer garden where kids are playing.

citizenlee
    Free Member

Tree cutters.

I appreciate they have a job to do, but so do I and it’s hard to concentrate when they’re outside playing Dueling Chainsaws to the background din of a woodchipper.

geomickb

That crazy woman that screamed at me for going through a red light.

I hadn’t, she didn’t realise that it’s a long climb and bikes are much slower than cars (especially going uphill towards Longnor). The lights had changed a few times before I made it through!

:-)

jamesoz

When off work sick:injured.

Me:- Here’s my sick note for 3 weeks

Work:- when do you think you’ll be back?

me:- Don’t know awaiting a scan/diagnoses/whatever.

work:- Do you think you’ll be in next week?

Me;- I don’t know, I’ve not had the scan/diagnosis/ whatever but probably not.

Work:- When do you think you’ll be back?

vmgscot

The person in our organisation in charge of PAT testing but doesn’t have a clue about PAT testing

Paul-B

Referring to Coed-Y-Brenin as ‘Codey’

I’m not even Welsh.

kayak23

Referring to Coed-Y-Brenin as ‘Codey’

Yeah. Is that the place along the road from Betsy?

core

I’ve probably posted this comment before, but almost everyone, and their lazy attitude/approach to work.

I’ve just lost an entire morning of planned work to sorting out issues that needn’t have arisen if people had done their jobs with even a modicum of care or diligence.

Mister-P
    Free Member

That people cannot work out that if you’ve used something it cannot be brand new.

EVOC/Rockshox tailgate pad for pickup truck – brand new

“This EVOC/Rockshox tailgate pad is brand-new – used for just 9 days.”

It’s not brand new then is it?  It might be described as like new, but it’s not brand new.

Cougar

The person in our organisation in charge of PAT testing but doesn’t have a clue about PAT testing

RAS Syndrome.

I’ve probably posted this comment before

I’m disproportionally cross about the fact there is stuff which I’m disproportionally cross about but can’t remember whether I’ve already posted on here to state how disproportionally cross I am about it.

Cougar

That people cannot work out that if you’ve used something it cannot be brand new.

See also, “new and improved!”  Which is it?

redmex
    Free Member

When the miles left in your fuel gauge goes below 50 it doubles in speed and within a few mins you wish you’d taken that wee 3 mile detour for fuel

fazzini

Petrol pumps…always, always, always gets the extra 1p on the gauge. It’s a conspiracy!

mattyfez

People who try to put a precise amount of petrol in the tank.. just fill it up (you’re gonna use it anyway), it stops when it stops.

kayak23

People who try to put a precise amount of petrol in the tank.. just fill it up (you’re gonna use it anyway), it stops when it stops.

Not a chance. Got to be a palindrome.

fasgadh
    Free Member

Petrol pumps just stopping with only a few litres in.

(It’s because my card has run out again!)

swanny853

They’re Codey, Betsy and as close to direct ‘English’ pronunciation of Trawsfynndnd and Dolgellau as I can manage whenever we go to North Wales with our friend from North Wales. The rest of the time I’m keen to attempt the best pronunciation I can…

MoreCashThanDash

Planning a 100 mile ride to the coast with mates.

Getting as far as dropping a change of clothes off with organiser the day before for the train journey home.

Getting home and starting to sniff, sneeze and generally feeling rough and snotty.

Waking up with the 5am alarm, feeling worse and realising there’s no way you should be riding 100 miles spreading germs around your mates.

Bugger.

sirromj

Windows file explorer randomly deciding to group files and folders by modification date with headings for today, yesterday, last week etc. **** stop it. If I wanted that I’d have chosen it!

Cougar

Right click > group by > none.

Total misfeature.

spannermonkey

People who post (spam) multiple questions on a subject/theme or start new threads but can’t be bothered to use the search facility (or even Google!) to find the answer for themselves

Gah!!

blokeuptheroad

can’t be bothered to use the search facility

Hmm… who’s going to break it to them?

mattyfez

I just tried to open device manager, and THIS happened.

Bing/edge isn’t even my default web browser….. I hate windows… I’m going to linux once the games/steam support is a bit more betterer.

sirromj

Right click > group by > none.

Yes found that after, another example of me openly moaning about something prompting to then find a solution*.

Not confident it won’t happen again though. I’ve never turned this feature on myself.

* you should have seen my happy little face when I discovered you could remove ‘Browse in Bridge’ from the file menu in InDesign – lost count of how many times I accidentally activate it instead of opening a recent file.

I’m going to linux once the games/steam support is a bit more betterer.

It’s pretty good now, the best it’s ever been. IT guy at work claimed some people are using Linux because some Windows games run better in Linux than Windows – but I’ll take that with a pinch of salt.

As for disproportionately cross:

People spelling gnarly without the ‘g’.

onehundredthidiot

Windows comes with some reasonable features so why, as an organization, would you deactivate the “undelete” function?
    Also the power off function, then complain that machines aren’t being powered off at the end of the day to allow updates.

ernie
    Free Member

The neighbour that gets some chickens, and one turns out to be a Cockerell.

fasgadh
    Free Member

The sticking rocks on the road edge lot.  Got me once with a stealth rock in long grass whilst avoiding an oncoming bloater.

kayak23

Pillar drill guards. Nobody uses them and they’re in the way and make things more dangerous imho but you’re not allowed to remove them.

Kramer
    Free Member

Dogs that know that they’re misbehaving but won’t come close to me because they know I’m angry with them.

lunge

Based on my experience over lunch, faffing, specifically on the post office.

It’s lunchtime, there’s a queue, you know this as you were in it. Because of that you’d have had plenty of time to get your parcel ready so it’s quick process when you get to the counter.

But no, get to counter, look surprised, ask if this is a place they can send a parcel, look surprised again at the answer, rummage through bag to find parcel, look flustered when asked where it needs to be sent to, look even more flustered when ask how they’d like it send, finally, agree all the above, then suddenly find a letter that you’ve just remembered needs to go to New Zealand and is very urgent go through all the above again, ask about renewing a driving license, not as you want to but as you husband does in a year or 2 and you thought you’d ask about it, decide you can’t remember the info being said to you so say not to worry about and you’ll send him in instead in an few months, then you spend a bit of time packing back your bag and making small talk before heading off…leaving an ever growing queue behind her.

And breathe…

onehundredthidiot

The sticking rocks on the road edge lot. Got me once with a stealth rock in long grass whilst avoiding an oncoming bloater.

That could well be illegal and leave them liable for the damage.

Edit: highways act 1980 obstruction of verges.

Cougar

I just tried to open device manager, and THIS happened.

Win-X, M.

Houns

People who put bin bags in bins without spreading it out into the bin,  more like a drum than a suitable rubbish receptacle.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Limp chips.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 2,762 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.