Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Student looking for short-term work this summer
  • paramillitaryblobby
    Free Member

Hi all, sorry if this isn’t an appropriate thing to post, but STW being STW I thought someone might be interested!

I’m a medical student trying to find something fun to occupy a few weeks this summer and earn a few beer tokens doing it, and I was wondering if anyone had need of any help?

A bit about me:
    I’m 25, and study medicine in Birmingham. Before this I did a degree in Biology in Edinburgh.
    I bike, kayak, climb and slackline (with varying degrees of success!)

Jobs I’ve done before include: rickshaw driver, cafe minion, tutor, child-herder for language schools, assistant outdoor instructor, grouse beater, lab monkey, first aider.

What I’m looking for:
    I’m happy to do almost anything, with a preference for the slightly interesting, so whether you need someone to help you decorate, do a few shifts in your cafe, or feed steak to your ocelot, I’ll consider everything.

I’m free the first two weeks in June, and most/all of August so anything in that time period would suit me. Location-wise, I’m based in the West Mids, and my parents are in Surrey so either of those would be easy. Apart from that, if you’ve got enough work to make travelling viable and can sort accommodation (I have a tent if you have a field!) I’m happy to go anywhere. Bonus points if you live near some nice hills!

CV can of course be provided on request.
    Post below or drop me an email (in profile) if you’ve got anything suitable!

tomhoward

I could always use a henchman.

Payment would be in respect, nothing tangible, you understand

paramillitaryblobby
    Free Member

Hmm. Which dormant volcano is your lair in? Would I have to provide my own boilersuit?

Stoner
    Free Member

no good if you’re allergic to cats though.

project
    Free Member

Labour and liberal parties are looking for short term leaders.

codybrennan
    Free Member

“paramillitaryblobby”- ?

paramillitaryblobby
    Free Member

Er, yes…
    To clarify, I have never worked with Noel Edmunds. Neither am I attempting to destabilise the government.

cbike
    Free Member

http://www.birdsofparadisetheatre.co.uk/#team

Looking for a researcher for 4 months.

tommid
    Free Member

Where are you located in the summer. I always need employees through July working at graduation ceremonies. Drop me an email in profile with your details.

colp

I can offer cafe minion work right through August, would be at least 3 days a week, probably more like 4 or 5.
    Based in Delamere Forest, Cheshire.
    Possibly some hours working for the bike shop too but you’d have to ask Tony.
    Can’t sort digs although there is a campsite in the forest, don’t know if they do long stay deals.
    Info@delamerecafe.com if you are interested.

jaylittle
    Free Member

The National Citizen Service recruit for seasonal roles around this time of year.

http://www.ncsthechallenge.org/seasonal-roles

tang
    Free Member

My friend who runs Thistledown campsite in Gloucesteshire (really beautiful and run by nice young people) were looking for someone a while back for casual stuff. Good riding here.

paramillitaryblobby
    Free Member

Thanks all-a few of you should have emails.

Any other suggestions are of course welcome

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Flu Camp are looking for space monkeys people to infect with teh fluz virus.

As a medic, put your money where your mouth is and take one for your future patients. For your contribution to humanity, they will reimburse you 3700 quid. That’s enough for a lot of booze and several strip club visits during a university term.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Student looking for short-term work this summer’ is closed to new replies.