Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Strava – saving/importing activity.
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

Just idle thoughts during lunch time…

Are you able to save/import your Strava activity without saving it and uploading to Strava server?

Thinking about places without any reception or Wi-Fi available at the end of your ride…

Android app user, for clarity…

Cheers!
    I.

dhrider
    Free Member

If im understanding your question correctly, the ride should store on the phone then upload when you next get an internet connection.

weeksy

yes, exactly as he says. When you next get an internet connection it will sync your data/rides

longdog
    Free Member

As above, yes. But make sure you press finish and then save on the app.

You can title the ride when you save it, but can only add photos later once it been synced.

I don’t know if there’s a limit to how many you can save before syncing, but I’ve had a handful that had to wait until i got WiFi before.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Thanks!

Will put it to test on the way back home.

Cheers!
    I.

sarawak
    Free Member

Is there any way NOT to cancel completely the upload?

I wanted to check some settings on my Garmin 520 when on today’s ride. In case I made a bollox of it I also set the Strava app to record, as a backup. 520 worked fine so I didn’t want the Strava recording. But I couldn’t find how to cancel it. I had to save it as a duplicate ride ( with different segment times!!) and then delete it.

Would have been easier just to cancel the Strava recording, but I can’t see how to do it. Anyone help?

dhrider
    Free Member

On my strava app, when you hit finish, it gives you the option to save or discard the ride.

sarawak
    Free Member

Does it. I don’t gave the discard option. That’s what I would like.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Strava – saving/importing activity.’ is closed to new replies.