Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 579 total)
  • Stop with the leg tattoos already
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

Do you really honestly think that every tattoed person’s motivation is the same?

Moley….he’s given half a dozen different motivations for a person having a tattoo. So the answer is ‘No’.

wwaswas

Please make it stop.

Pigface
    Free Member

iolo I would recommend you step away now, you have said on here that you have had a condition and seeing shibs other stuff on here then he would take great delight in winding you up.

Cougar

I don’t get why the Mods haven’t banned Shib,

I don’t get it either. Who’s in charge here?

Possibly because I’ve justified my opinions in a thorough fashion?

Nope, pretty sure that’s not it.

Iolo on the other hand has suggested causing me grievous bodily harm

I think you’ll find he’s just expressing opinion.

molgrips
    Free Member

So, you don’t feel up to the task of engaging me in debate on a subject that I have perfectly justifiable opinions on, so you resort to thinly veiled threats of violence and a gang bullying mentality?

I haven’t threatened you. I’d like a debate though.

footflaps

molgrips – what are you doing? Just ignore the Troll and it will go away.

Tiger6791

A mass…..

Oh well, it’s getting locked anyway 🙂

Rockape63
    Free Member

Why would Shib be banned? Cos he’s come up with a few undiplomatic opinions written in a calm and reasoned manner?

Do people really only come on here to agree with people or read only opinions they agree with? Seriously, the best threads are the ones that get the blood pressure rising.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Why would Shib be banned? Cos he’s come up with a few undiplomatic opinions written in a calm and reasoned manner?

There we go, another of the silent majority with the balls to stick his head above the parapet… 😉

molgrips – Member

I haven’t threatened you. I’d like a debate though.

You called me a bell-end. Why would I debate with someone that a) called me a bell-end, and b) will probably get a ban so won’t be around to see a debate through to the end.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Cougar

More seriously,

<mod>

I’m getting really bored of this now. Shibboleth, no-one’s going to be providing “interesting counter-aguments to the points you raised” because the points you’ve raised are such complete shit, posted purely to inflame and invoke a reaction.

You’re doing the forum equivalent of standing in the middle of a pub going “you’re all bastards, who wants a fight” just for the pleasure of, I don’t even know, seeing someone else getting sent down when you get a glassing, or something.

You’ve enough warnings under your belt, mostly for exactly this sort of behaviour, to readily justify a lifetime ban. I’m a hair’s breadth from doing exactly that, so for the last time ever, stop trolling of find another forum to be antisocial on.

</mod>

wwaswas

*applauds Cougar*

Cougar

He can express all the opinions he likes, you’ve missed the point.

bearnecessities

Nice 8)

Lifer
    Free Member

I don’t have a tattoo and they don’t bother me.

I do think it’s ridiculous to make a snap judgement based on if someone does or doesn’t have one.

DezB
    Free Member

Well done Lifer, just what the thread needed at this point 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

😀

I think what’s needed is a tattoo related poll on the front page…

😀

Rockape63
    Free Member

I don’t have a tattoo and they don’t bother me.

I do think it’s ridiculous to make a snap judgement based on if someone does or doesn’t have one.

Everyone makes snap judgements about people’s appearance every second of every day.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Everyone makes snap judgements about people’s appearance every second of every day.

Thankfully, most people have the social skills to keep those judgements to themselves.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I think Shibboleth’s arguments were actually quite weak as they were just based on his anecdotal observations from his possibly narrow mind rather than in reality or social science.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So what massive generalisation do you make about black folk ? 😉

You are not wrong in general – we may go oh look at the fella with the tats, the pit bull and the stella I might cross over the road and pass the hare Krishna instead but anyone who says anyone who has a tattoo or a dog or a can of beer is all the stuff shib has said is trolling or an idiot.
    its not hard to work out which one shib is

ads678

Hello, I have a tattoo, that’s all.

Just wanted to join in really…… 😆

nedrapier

Shibboleth’s arguments were

opinion
    opinion

Cougar

its not hard to work out which one shib is

Perhaps not. But given that I’ve just asked Shib nicely to knock it off, it’s probably not cricket for everyone else to use it as a free-for-all to stick the boot in instead either.

Shall I just close this, would that be best? Or is there still a remote chance that an actual conversation might break out?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

(As I mentioned much earlier Pg1 I think) My mate has a stupid attention seeking Tattoo that I think he will regret later in life, my ex however has a small one somewhere discreet and I liked it. Both had/have their motivations in life and did no one any harm, Shib your attitude does do harm it’s called discrimination; that is if you actually believe it. I’ve seen it in action and it’s not nice.
    Oh and how many people do you actually employ? I employ around 80 at the moment, many of them have tattoo’s and are decent honest people. It’s my opinion that you are the one being dishonest not to mention that all of the points you raise in a negative vein aginst tattoo’d people could also be applied to Trolls, i.e. attention seeking, narrow minded, niche dwellers etc etc. Keep going bigman you won’t be missed when Cougar sinks his teeth into you.

bearnecessities

A boring fact will probably just see this drop off the page.

Did you know, a group of cats is called a clowder?

That should do it.

Rockape63
    Free Member

So what massive generalisation do you make about black folk ?

No one mentioned generalistions….although your example above is a good one. Clearly Shib is very outspoken but he at least did not generalise all tattooed folk in the same bracket, he created a number of them to cover most eventualities.

Obviously very offensive to anyone with a tattoo, but he sparked a lively thread to keep us all entertained for a while. My advice would be not to take this sort of thing too seriously and see it for what it is. (which a number did!)

wwaswas

is there still a remote chance that an actual conversation might break out?

it’s still a tattoo thread…so probably not.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Perhaps not. But given that I’ve just asked Shib nicely to knock it off, it’s probably not cricket for everyone else to use it as a free-for-all to stick the boot in instead either.

Its was pure luck [ bad or otherwise] that I posted after that and tbh I had not read your post

Slowly backs away from thread

molgrips
    Free Member

Or is there still a remote chance that an actual conversation might break out?

No – we all agree apart from Shib who just wants to shit-stir, and he’s now gone anyway.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Hanzi translations are always good for a laugh 🙂

sbob
    Free Member

Shibboleth – Member

I’d put money on the majority reading this and nodding in agreement. The thing with these threads is that the vocal few with tattoos fall over themselves to justify their stupidity whereas the silent majority are happy to read in silence rather than expose themselves to the rantings of the tattooed classes.

I have no tattoos (or piercings for that matter) and am in complete disagreement with you.

Tiger6791

Junkyard – lazarus*

What about blokes with long hair eh?? (*I wouldn’t hire one)

(Secret code message to see BB forum about a Welsh re-run of the ride with your lads)

Junkyard
    Free Member

ooh cheers scurries off

Ok cannot remember my password but I will post up later
    I should be Ok with dates with a bit of messing around

Will be good – well planned sir

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    Shall I just close this, would that be best? Or is there still a remote chance that an actual conversation might break out?

With respect, and in reference to your “You’re all b*****ds” comment (can I report you for bad language?), I think it’s you that has missed the point.

This thread was started by someone bemoaning the fact that people wore hackneyed or predictable tattoos and that they looked, well, not very original. Predictably, the thread basically turned into a bun fight between the Great Uninked and the tattooed classes.

Far from being the one flinging personal insults, calling people bell-ends, or suggesting physical violence, I’ve tried to stimulate reasoned debate by offering my own, well justified – albeit polarising – opinions. The fact that those opinions have caused such widespread disharmony are due to the point I raised earlier, and as a moderator, it’s something you should be more acutely aware than any other: namely, that the people whose views are so diametrically opposed to those I expressed, are the only ones that have any motivation to reply!

Unfortunately, in an almost hilarious display of irony, the people that have chosen to throw their caps into this particular ring are the ones least well equipped intellectually to do so.

The result is a rather ugly slanging match, not, I might add, the fault of me, but the fault of those who seem completely unable to allow, as you put it, an actual conversation to break out.

A handful of posters have expressed their agreement with some of my sentiments, and agreed that they were put across in a fairly reasoned manner. That is how a debate like this should be conducted, it’s just a shame that the powers that be deem the person with the clearest argument to be a trouble maker!

I bet that for every person that posted in support of my views, there are dozens more, nodding sagely in agreement, that just don’t want to get involved. Perhaps they don’t want to rub the mods up the wrong way, which is a rather disappointing state of affairs.

voodoo_chile

I must point the finger at anyone who is different than myself and question their mental ability whilst trying to perpetuate this myth that I am far superior than everyone on this forum …..

I would love to see this person in the flesh ….perhaps not …

bearnecessities

Edit: CBA

Shibboleth
    Free Member

trying to perpetuate this myth that I am far superior than everyone on this forum

Nope, just the ones that call people bell-ends or resort to daydreaming about violent retribution rather than putting together a reasoned argument.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member

Edit: CBA

+1

Rockape63
    Free Member

I must point the finger at anyone who is different than myself and question their mental ability whilst trying to perpetuate this myth that I am far superior than everyone on this forum ….

Do we want’Thought Police’ or Mods? Do we want a forum where people from different backgrounds and views can have reasoned and (sometimes) unseemly debate/argument. I do!

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 579 total)

The topic ‘Stop with the leg tattoos already’ is closed to new replies.