Viewing 19 posts - 561 through 579 (of 579 total)
  • Stop with the leg tattoos already
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Jambourgie I’d say its a nice if odd sensation. Some parts feel like a light scratching/tickle (back of calf was like this) but others were pretty painful such as the bits near my ankle and nearing the knee/ditch. I prefer the lines to the colour being packed in as they go over the same area a few times and it gets pretty irritated! Healing feels like sunburn for around a day if that.

It’s pretty addictive 🙂 my left shin/calf is almost covered now and I’m booked in to start a sleeve in June which I’m looking forward to! Getting it done by a guy called Robert Ashby who does brilliant black and grey work. I have the “fun” tats on my legs and the arms will be the serious stuff 😛

andytherocketeer

permanent bodily disfiguring is “fun”?

_tom_
    Free Member

Apparently so.

And many people would ask the same question about riding bikes.

footflaps

Apparently so. I find http://www.bme.com completely fascinating in a slightly disturbing way. It’s very addictive, but not for the feint hearted.

piemonster

surely that’s six fingers and flippers for feet?

Nope, that’s Lincolnshire. Norfolk is more a random body layout generator.

molgrips
    Free Member

Most do not consider it disfiguring, obviously.

eskay

Footflaps – I opened up the home page, some of the subjects scared me without even looking what they were about! Look at some of the titles under the ‘hard’ section! !!

footflaps

Footflaps – I opened up the home page, some of the subjects scared me without even looking what they were about! Look at some of the titles under the ‘hard’ section! !!

Yep, takes it to a whole new level…..

iolo
    Free Member

I think there is a line you shouldn’t cross. Face tattoos are a nono.
    Ginger beard looks like he will eat you.
    Emo kid will live with his mum until he’s 60 but on closer inspection they could be felt tip pen.

CountZero

I think it’s an endorphin thing; there’s a bit of a rush attached, kinda like doing a sudden drop-off. Which is why you get some people have more and more tats done, as they get sort of addicted to the pain/pleasure aspect of it.
    Those are a minority, though, as are those who go for the more extreme body mods. I really don’t like piercings all that much, especially facial, and that goes for tats, come to that.
    I’ve got seven tats, and only the four on my arms are really visible, the one on my leg is just about level with the top of my sock, and as it’s a line of Ogham script, nobody ever notices it. It’s a bike-specific thing, though.
    I was looking at the two ravens I’ve got laid out for my next one, and I think I’ll have it done as a Birthday present to myself, as it’s a large, significant number, and the two ravens have a very specific meaning, representing Hugin and Munin, Odin’s messengers.
    The names mean ‘Thought’ and ‘Memory’, for those who I’ve lost, and remember and think about.

Northwind

Ginger beard is awesome but glad it’s not me.

Mine is only little but I found it really pretty pleasant, felt a lot like a deep tissue massage. Almost dozed off in the chair which apparently is Not Done, she thought I’d fainted. Ended up knocking all the scabs off a week later at a gig which was considerably less pleasant.

BoardinBob

I’m off to apply for a job with Shibboleth…

passiflora86
    Free Member

You could call it disfiguration but then so is getting hit in the face by a hammer.
    I got my tattoos on a whim knowing that I wouldn’t always have the cash. Yes they are closely associated with romantic escapades and memories. I love my tattoos but there was a time that I didn’t but then dealing with that was all part of having strange doodles on my body. If I’m with my family or old people I cover them up.

iolo
    Free Member

Now she’s a wild child

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

I got my first tatts when I was young and right into the punk of the early 80s.Guess it was a Fark you I dont give a damn coz I’m proud of what I am attitude going on. I have a frog tattoo on my calf plus a few more here and there over the years and still have the same view about it.

tomaso
    Free Member

This tattoo is like this thread

yunki
    Free Member

Then every time this subject flares up, like a outbreak of herpes, we can refer back to the poll and shut the thread down straight away.

I wish you could sort out a herpes outbreak by referring to an online poll..

I’ve had no jiggy for four days and clawed myself raw 🙁

johnj2000
    Free Member

Heard this on the way in to work today and thought of this thread
    Linky

Viewing 19 posts - 561 through 579 (of 579 total)

The topic ‘Stop with the leg tattoos already’ is closed to new replies.