Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • stolen bike *sniffle*
  • binners

I don’t know what the worlds coming too. Here you go…

You had any news on the claim?

njee20
    Free Member

To those critisising my answer, I challenge you to do the same as op and see the result.
    Not so upfront now are you!

He didn’t ask a question nor did he ask for your opinion, the fact that it was entirely wrong, as stated repeatedly is neither here nor there. What an odious little toad you are!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Hope you get it back.

This is how long it takes to nick a bike from a locked roof rack. Theres a woman watching what happens in the black car…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yu4vEsD9WA[/video]

ittaika
    Free Member

thanks binners – chap at the insurance company sounded positive about it. i even got a call from the police this morning saying they would check the cctv. cheered me up knowing they were going to have a look at least.

horatio – that’s a pretty shocking video. bikes in car from now on or at least secured with a full roll of duct tape – cutting through that would probably take longer than busting a d-lock…

sparkyspice
    Free Member

OP – bad luck, hope you get it back or at least don’t get the run around from your insurers.
    Onceinalifetime – sometimes its better to let people think you’re an idiot than open your mouth and confirm it.

Top tips from me… Cable ties – (big buggers) on the wheels, frame etc. stops chancers simply undoing the straps and walking off with your pride and joy. A lock is better for the more determined tea leaf that you might find in a motorway service station or other car park. I use a tow bar rack and I cover the bikes with an old motorbike cover and copious bungee cord, so that people can’t see that the rack and it’s contents are worth more than the car it’s attached to. It’s also worth noting that people can also simply remove most racks with either a spanner or flat bladed screwdriver so it is also worth securing your rack to the vehicle as well as the bikes that are on it.

ittaika
    Free Member

some excellent news – i got my bike back last night!
    the new ‘owner’ took it to halfords to get a puncture fixed. the guys there thought it odd that someone with a bike like that couldn’t fix a puncture and one of them had a quick look on this very website, recognised the bike and called the police! the guy was taken away and i got a call to come and collect my bike. everything is as it was when it went walkabout as well.
    massive thanks to the staff at halford’s!

imnotverygood

Result!

I take it all back about Halfords

well done chaps

zbonty

Good work Halfords then. Good when a bike is re-united with owner.

njee20
    Free Member

Superb news!

ittaika
    Free Member

aye, big yay for halfords!

sbob
    Free Member

Excellent news.
    Buy that chap at Halfords a bottle of something nice.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Heartwarming.

Good on the guys from Halford’s.

Did they fix your puncture?

markcurtains
    Free Member

that is simply outstanding, nice one ittaika

Conan257
    Free Member

Jaffa Cakes, everyone knows mechanics live on Jaffa Cakes.

chiefgrooveguru

Most excellent.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

good news! 🙂

eightyeight
    Free Member

Truly karmic.

Hoisted by his own retard!

Leku
    Free Member

If anyone from Halfords (well done) is reading – mine is still out there somewhere…

[/url]
    IMGP3281 by jh_buchanan, on Flickr[/img]

stolen Bristol in May

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

ha ha that is amazing

glad you have been reunited

Matt_SS_xc

great work by halfords! how on earth did he find this thread!?!

could we have a possible sticky with photos of stolen bikes so if anyone ever see’s something suspicious its easy to go into the “back catalogue” so to speak!?!?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Epic win from Halfords!

Teh Modz – This needs wider praise! 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

could we have a possible sticky with photos of stolen bikes so if anyone ever see’s something suspicious its easy to go into the “back catalogue” so to speak!?!?

Good idea. I have 3 stolen bikes somewhere out there.

firestarter
    Free Member

Nice one 😉

zilog6128

Result! Even if Halfords are a crap store, some of the guys who work there are genuine enthusiasts and FWIW I’ve found them very helpful in my local store in the past 😆 Just out of interest, is this an additional “bonus” after a payout from the insurance company or did they not co-operate it the end? What exactly is supposed to happen in that situation (i.e. insurance pays out then bike is later recovered?)

sbob
    Free Member

What exactly is supposed to happen in that situation (i.e. insurance pays out then bike is later recovered?)

Bike becomes property of insurers.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I think the Halfords people deserve more than Jaffa Cakes! Whatever you get them, don’t leave it on the roof rack while you pop off to do something 😉

Glad you got your bike back :mrgreen:

Nobby

great work by halfords! how on earth did he find this thread!?!

If you google “stolen black cotic soul” you get the thread on here which links the gumtree ad.

Nobby

Great news btw!

MrTall
    Free Member

Good news, nice to get a happy ending for once.

I have to ask though, did you get any insurance payout on it as well before its return?

Genuine inquiry as i’m interested to know if the insurance companies pay out on bikes nicked from cars roof racks?

ryreed
    Free Member

Genuinely great news. I live in Lenzie, to the North East of Glasgow, which is a fairly nice area but there are thieving gits everywhere. I’ve done it though, leaving the bike on the racks…

onceinalifetime – Member
    I too hope he gets his bike back but wonder what on earth his logic of leaving a bike on top of car when being at an appointment in GLASGOW.

Irrefutable proof that you should trust your first impressions. Not GLASGOW!!! 🙄

Ben_mw

That’s really good news. My Soul gets a few more locks on it than the standard fitment of the rack I use.

MarkN
    Free Member

That is great news to have got your bike back. Very well done to the mechanics at Halfords for this. Next time though do not leave you bike on the rack. A lesson here I reckon.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Now that’s a good story, well done Halfords. I hope it was the thief who was caught rather than the mug that bought it.

andyl
    Free Member

awesome.

It would be a good idea for all bike shops to have a stolen bikes board in their workshop – with pics if room or just a good description with frame number etc. If you have your bike nicked you could pop round to or do a mail shot to all the local stores with the details and they could put it on their wall to look out for. Pics would be best as they would be more likely to make the link.

I really do wish they had introduced a V5 type system with bike frames like they have for motor vehicles. Okay it would still mean people sell the parts and ditch the frame but would help I’m sure.

Northwind

Top thread, it’s got everything- sadness, STW bellendery, then triumph from an unexpected source!

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘stolen bike *sniffle*’ is closed to new replies.