Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Stolen Bamboo Bike
  • tomcorden
    Free Member

[/url]

Hi
    Please share with your mates. See attached photos, this was stolen from my house in Nottingham on Sunday 19th September, early in the morning. It is a home made bamboo and carbon fibre hybrid bike. I made it myself and a lot of hours went into it. It is very noticable and will be difficult to sell on. Any advice as to where this might end up (am keeping an eye on e bay and gumtree) would be appreciated. Reward if found.

Thanks

Tom

scaredypants

Hi Tom, sorry to hear this
    Not sure I can help other than to suggest somebody checks out cynic-al’s alibi very thoroughly
    (I can’t see yr pics here, btw)

TimP
    Free Member

Sorry for your loss

Very distinctive to say the least

tomcorden
    Free Member

Please can you explain, I am new to these forums, posting a picture is a challenge, who is cynic-ali? Is he posting something relavent?

tom

scaredypants

I was just kidding; al is our (other) carbon fibre custom manufacturer/guru – not yet on the same scale as you
    re Al posting anything relevant – no, not in the last few years anyway 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

cynic-ali

Think of him like this;

But with bikes! 🙂

On a more serious note, hope you can find it! Good luck, and welcome!

StuF

I’ll keep an eye out (I’m Notts / Derby border), where in Notts are you?

Looks a nice bike, hopefully someone will spot it

Don’t worry about cynic-al – he’s a regular who make bits for his bikes out of spoons – nuff said…

devs
    Free Member

Don’t panda to the idiots who have already detracted from your story. Hopefully they’ll shoot off and leaf the forum.
    Seriously though, sorry for your loss, I shall keep an eye out for what looks like an amazing bike. Was it just the bike they were after or did they take other stuff too?

BigJohn

Doesn’t he live near those pandas though? They probably asked him to get them a takeaway.

EDIT – Doh! Too slow.

tomcorden
    Free Member

lots of stuff was taken, laptops, phone etc. Including a almost new 2011 diamond back axis, black with white/yellow cheaquer pattern on the tubes, needs a clean but will look almost new. Insurance will replace that, but not the bamboo one. Am in West Bridgord.

Trimix
    Free Member

Wont the insurance pay for the Bamboo one then ?

Janesy
    Free Member

I dont think thats the point Trimix. is a home made bike with hours spent on it.

tomcorden
    Free Member

insurance will cover up to £500 per bike, so barely covers the cost of the mountain bike, a replacement bamboo frame from someone like calfee design is around $2000, and not as good as the one I made (in my eyes).
    I am claiming the bamboo one was a work of art, for which they pay out more, but can’t see them going with that!

Janesy
    Free Member

Good luck!

soma_rich
    Free Member

certainly is a work of art. Bad luck hopefully it will turn up in a cash converters or ebay and you get it back.

AlexSimon

Very sorry for your loss. Hope you get it back.
    It probably depends on the intelligence of the thief.

Good luck!

birky
    Free Member

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Bamboo Bike’ is closed to new replies.