Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stems
  • tootallpaul

Afternoon all…

I'd like to play about with stem rises/sizes on my new ride – does anyone know if there is anywhere that offers "trial" stems so to speak?

I would be useful if someone did…

Cheers

P

njee20
    Free Member

eBay? Buy cheap, sell on.

tinsy
    Free Member

buy an adjustable one, think BBB do one, but guess the length is pretty much set on it, but changes in angle a lot, you can measure it once your happy and buy one of that rise.

tootallpaul

njee- its a thought. Still, could take time to source and purchase the sizes.

It would be nice if you could hire a box of stems in all the sizes prior to purchase.

P

foxyrider
    Free Member

a nice "good" frindly LBS – if you offer to buy a stem from them?

tootallpaul

Another thought tinsy, but still more expense involved. And all the adjustable ones I have seen appear to be road units, and not many in OS clamp sizs.

tootallpaul

"good" and "friendly" lbs's are hard to come by unfortunately…

tinsy
    Free Member

tootall… £20 it will always be worth a tenner after your finished or can keep it until the next time.
    http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b167s163p2756&rs=gb

edit Or just leave it on if it doesnt cause you any worries, I also found the BBB one I had in mind at parkers for £21

Only problem I see is the shortest is 90mm if you run a 70mm stem it looks like you have had it.

http://www.parker-international.co.uk/3545/BBB-HighSix-Adjustable-Stem.html?referrer=froogle&utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=pid3545

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

What sizes are you after? I've acquired a couple to play with that I don't think i'll be needing anymore & can pass on cheaply.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stems’ is closed to new replies.