Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • menstrie,clackmanshire
  • pault41
    Free Member

Hi anyone know any riding around this area,could possibly be up this way for work on a residential course , so is it worth bringing the bike up.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yes – you have the Ochils just by you plus other stuff in the Stirling area. Stirling bike club has loads of info for rides in the area

ss
    Free Member

Stirling Bike Club evening rides are on Thursdays, 7:30pm at Sainsbury’s car park. All welcome.

DickBarton

Yes, plenty – I live in Menstrie along with a few others, drop me an email and let me know when you are coming up and we can get something arranged…Stirling Bike Club has plenty of rides and there is plenty to be had round these parts…

amosridl
    Free Member

From Menstrie itself you’re spoilt for choice.

Immediately within about 30 seconds of the village centre you’re onto my usual jaunt, a lovely switchback fireroad climb up onto the hills which can then lead up to Dumyat (great downhill) or up onto the top of the Ochils for more options. Definitely worth bringing the bike.

Start of the route shown here. Route map

pault41
    Free Member

Cheers guys plenty of reasons to bring the bike then , will shout when i got confirmation of work course.

paul.

hugorune

I wouldn’t say the switchbacks up Menstrie Glen were lovely unless you also enjoy beating yourself with branches or setting fire to your hair.

Menstrie has it’s own topic on STW. Awesome

Stu_N

I always thought Menstrie Cycles would be a good name for a female specific bike shop or brand.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Hey hugo, we enjoy it most days don’t we? I love going up Menstrie Glen. There’s a few sneaky options so give Dick a shout and we may be able to give you some pointers or even a bit of trail guiding. AND us Menstrie Muddy Funsters are friendly, a bit weird and all that stuff MTBers should be.

In two minds whether I want my neighbourhood to be publicised or not…!

DickBarton

Paul, drop me a line and let us know where you will be staying…we should be able to arrange a few rides and stuff – or show you roughly on a map if you want to go explore yourself…bike club is also pretty local and plenty of riders in that.

I have a mate who works in the child care line – he did a residential course in Menstrie 2 years ago – anything similar?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘menstrie,clackmanshire’ is closed to new replies.