Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stansted
  • grynch
    Free Member

hello all, mrs. G and I are flying into Stansted airport friday afternoon and then on to stansted (village, town? ) for a wedding on Saturday… but never having been there before can anyone recommend a nice pub, restaurant for dins on friday night?

and … maybe just one pint… I suppose I could fudge the fat club figures for one week?

handyman
    Free Member

where are you staying

grynch
    Free Member

just found out from the wife.. manor of groves?

Expat
    Free Member

manor of groves… Ohh shit you mean Faulty towers you obviously didnt do any research before booking? whatever you do DONT eat there – and be sure to report back on your stay.

Hairychested
    Free Member

The worse airport ever, not much to do around either.

handyman
    Free Member

Antons in hallingbury is very good not to expensive. Cricketers arms rickling green is good too

grynch
    Free Member

thanks… mrs says to check Sawbridgeworth or Bishops Stortford for places as well?

sofatester
    Free Member

Ahem “google”?

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Me and the missus went to a wedding at the same place last year, flew down from edinburgh.

Can’t comment on the food, the wedding was and indian wedding with outside catering which was amazing! best indian food i’ve ever had.

grynch
    Free Member

sofa.. thanks.. google gives a generic listing of what pubs are available, as opposed to the possible first hand info provided by the kind people here.

I’ve walked into a few pubs I’ve *ahem* googled and been really disappointed

handyman
    Free Member

Sawbridgeworth has a really good chinese called the chinese garden or palace, stortford has “Host” a good place to eat

grynch
    Free Member

expat, we just got back from Manor of Groves.. ok, it was not the best place we’ve stayed by any long means, but it was no FaultyTowers either.

( a few bits could have been cleaned more.. and we didnt eat there other than breakfast but that was nice… nice as a buffet full english can be. )

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stansted’ is closed to new replies.