Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stage Evo , am I under shocked
  • sheepshifter
    Free Member

Running standard Rockshox no lock out etc , my riding style is aggressive and i weigh in at 91 kg . Do I need a piggy back style , what are you Evo guys and gals running

poah
    Free Member

No

joebristol

Not necessarily. As long as the shock has enough progression and rides how you want it then there’s probably no issue.

If you’re riding lots of long rocky descents and the shock is changing characteristics where it’s getting so hot then maybe a piggyback is a good option.

If you want more adjustments as you think the shock could be better then a more expensive shock is a good option.

If it’s a deluxe ultimate or something along those lines it’s not a bad shock by any means. You can get better – like a Fox X2 or Cane Creek db air / Kitsuma air etc. Depends if you want / need it though.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve got a Stage 4, so 10mm less travel.

The Fox DPS shock is fine for my needs (I have a bigger bike too), but if I needed a new one I’d probably get a Cane Creek DB inline air.

Vortexracing

I’m running a Fox DPX on mine, seems OK, but does blow through its travel quite easily, leading to some awkward pedal strikes.

Might look to get back onto TFT and think about a fettle to the tuning

No experience with a non piggy back shock I’m afraid.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m running a Fox DPX on mine, seems OK, but does blow through its travel quite easily,

Have you tried adding volume spacers already?

https://www.merlincycles.com/profin-fox-dpx2-float-x-volume-spacers-tokens-pack-of-5-239396.html?utm_source=PHG&utm_medium=AffiliateMarketing&utm_campaign=phg-GB&ucpo=153653&source=PHG

VanHalen

i found with my (very old now) orange i had to run waaay more compression damping than i thought.

with a boggo shock it was rubbish. with a shock with adjustable compression it was like a totally different bike.

on my empire (single pivot much like orange) i never run the shock fully open on compression. I always run it in teh trail setting so it rides nicely (even for uplift days).

Vortexracing

Have you tried adding volume spacers already?

not yet, that may be a starter for 10, cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.