Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • SRAM X7 Shifter – what does the big bolt do ?
  • christhetall
    Free Member

On the underside of a SRAM X7 shifter is a large (Hex 5) bolt. Anyone know what it does ? Have tried turning it in either direction – it moves easily but doesn’t seem to have any effect. Can’t find anything in the SRAM tech docs either.

Having a problem with the shifter not releasing when shifting down, so was wondering if fiddling with the bolt might make a difference

Conan257
    Free Member

Is it the bolt that allows you to remove the lower shifter?

It’s there so you can get at the cable when you need to change it…

imp999
    Free Member

I think it is the main pivot bolt. I can’t remember if it has a nut on it and that is why you can turn it without un-doing/tightening.
    I have had some luck with sticky levers by slackening this bolt, filling it full of gt80 and working the levers like Billy-O then emptying the gt80 out.
    I then tightened the bolt up but could not get much torque on it as it span. It hasn’t fallen apart yet though.
    I took some photos of the shifter’s innereds a while back, If I can find them I will send them to you. let you know what you are in for.
    Easy to get the indicator reading wrongly when you have the top off one of these babies but you can fiddle them back in to shape.
    Keep the gt80 away from the window if you can.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘SRAM X7 Shifter – what does the big bolt do ?’ is closed to new replies.