• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by IA.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SRAM X0 Shifters Bad Design?
  • GrahamA
    Free Member

I’ve been running SRAM X0 shifters for 3 years and up until now I’ve been impressed as the shifting has been faultless but after changing the cables I can’t help but think that someone slipped up on the design.

Tacking off the covers exposes a lot the internals and you would struggle to change a cable without removing the shifter.

The whole process is much simpler with Shimano.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you dont need to to disassemble with the X9 [same as X0 minus carbon and adjustability) did you do it correctly?

trail_rat
    Free Member

on recent x9 you do … top cover comes off

early x9 just took the screw out like shimano …although the screw liked to fall inwards and jam up requiring dismanteling to remove !

giantjason
    Free Member

when i did it on my x9 you just screwed off the top cover and change the cable. you shoudnt be touching any of the internals

Dibbs
    Free Member

Can’t say I’ve had much trouble changing cables on my 3 year old X0’s, jut take the cover off, change the cable, put the cover back.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Much better than the cheese like plastic screw/bung on old x9.

IA

Yeah, I think it’s better. Also means it’s better sealed for most of the time (when it matters) as there’s one less hole in it. And if it did get manky inside, you could clean it out with the easy access. I think it’s good design…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SRAM X0 Shifters Bad Design?’ is closed to new replies.