Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sram vs Sunrace
  • trailwagger
    Free Member

New to Sram and need a new cassette for a second wheelset. Are Sunrace considered to be a good alternative to the more expensive (and heavier) sram?

qwerty
    Free Member

You sure it’s splined & not XD?

trailwagger
    Free Member

You sure it’s splined & not XD?

Yep sure.

qwerty
    Free Member

Yes, Sunrace get good reviews on this forum & have better jumps than Shimano.

Mine appears to have developed a rattle which I think is a small amount of play in the pins holding the 42t sprocket to the spider. I’d probably buy SR again though.

geex
    Free Member

Sunrace get good reviews on here for the same reason ALDI’s crane kit does

Wobbly and falling apart but would bang again?

Er… Nah.

kimbers

Sunrace cassettes are great ime, and the splined SRAM 11-42 cassettes are crazy heavy.
    At the budget end SRAM stuff performs very poorly compared to say deore, certainly with mechs!

Kamakazie

The 11spd Sunrace cassettes are great.
    Better spacing, better shifting (less picky with chainline) and better finished for less money.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I have a 10 speed sunrace which has worn super fast.

This year I had june-july and august off the bike and fitted it in may and its already worn on the smaller cogs, not great compared to the outgoing XT cassette.

XT to replace for me.

countrybumpking
    Free Member

I have a Sunrace 11-46 cassette. No complaints – good price, wearing well, consistently good shifting. Not all that heavy all things considered. Don’t know why you’d pay for a pricey cassette tbh, unless you’re really worried about weight

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sram vs Sunrace’ is closed to new replies.