Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SRAM PC1110 too short?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

32t oval and 46T cassette at back, and 114 links looks too short? WTF? I swear I took links out of the chain on my FS and that had to allow for chain growth.. anyone else had this issue?

mashr

Same size rings as before?
    Same length chainstays?
    Old chain was longer?

stevextc
    Free Member

On my 435mm chainstay’s and 150mm this is my exact configuration and I’m running a PC1110 114 link.
    I can’t remember how many or if any links I removed though.

richmtb

Hmm…

12 speed chains are typically 126 links for a 50T biggest sprocket. A 46T cassette isn’t 12 links smaller.

stevextc
    Free Member

12 speed chains are typically 126 links for a 50T biggest sprocket. A 46T cassette isn’t 12 links smaller.

12 speed chains are typically 126 links for a 50T biggest sprocket AND length of the cage AND chain path/jockey wheels.
    PC1110’s are also typically <£10 each… last 8 I bought were £7.99 each.. with split links so you could easily patch some extra links on (if it turned out to be too short)

molgrips
    Free Member

118 is just enough, it turns out. I patched a piece of almost new chain in using a quick link, but it’s KMC chain! The quick links look identical though and the chain is smooth so let’s see if it works 🙂

simondbarnes

You can get Sram 11spd chains in 120 link versions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SRAM PC1110 too short?’ is closed to new replies.