Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SRAM 2×10 coverage… Medium or Long?
  • vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve seen the colour swatch chart on SRAM’s site that says ‘long for 36t cassette’, but I’m seeing ‘long for triple, medium for double’ elsewhere.

I’m going to be running 38/26 and either 11-34 or 11-36. Even the swatch chart fails to consider 11-34 and makes it look like i could be medium.

Any ideas/practical experience?

https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.netdna-ssl.com/cdn/farfuture/Qs5ATr_cSFlxLoBJ_D5Je7M7f7rJRwKGID0SKc7dsOw/mtime:1413314396/sites/default/files/techdocs/gen_0000000004884_rev_a_compatibility_map_2015_mtb_components.pdf

kwack
    Free Member

I run a medium XT Shadow on 1×10…34t upfront..11-36 cassette

vincienup
    Free Member

Might have just answered this myself.

Based on T=((38-26)+(34-11)) = 35 as the required capacity, I’ve found a reference to SRAM medium cages being rated at 37T so should work.

SRAM don’t seem to want to publish boring old ‘tooth capacities’ anymore. Can anyone comment on if the 37T figure is correct, please?

Tracey

I’m running 11-36 on both of my bikes with X0 double and bash set ups on the front, both mechs are medium.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Medium is the answer from experience. I was running 12-36 cassette on 26-39 chainrings with medium cage X0, as supplied on the bike.

However the capacities changed a little between standard mechs and the Type 2 I believe. I’ve been running 1×10 with Type 2 mechs. 1×10, short or medium on a hard tail but seems happier shifting with medium on a full sus.

With the Type 2, getting longer doesn’t matter so much as it picks up the slack, but you’ve got more risk of bashing a longer cage.

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

Medium for sure

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SRAM 2×10 coverage… Medium or Long?’ is closed to new replies.