Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SRAM 11speed mech and shifter + XT cassette
  • letmetalktomark

Does this combo work?

My previous mixing of groupsets has always worked but just checking this should be the case with 11 speed.

All help much appreciated 🙂

bobley
    Free Member

Should do. I use XT cassettes with CX1 mech. It’s great.

Poopscoop

I see your reply to the for sale thread.
    😉

I looked into this recently as I’m building a 1×11 bike using a wheel which won’t take an XD driver. So only way around it is to use an XT cassette on (my preferred) sram mech and shifter.

Anyway, it will work fine. The opposite is also true, 11 spd XT mech and shifter on sram 11 speed cassette.

padkinson
    Free Member

Some manufacturers even do this on their bike builds, presumably because of how much cheaper the M8000 cassette is than any of the SRAM ones.

Poopscoop

Didn’t know anyone was doing this OEM.

Out of interest, which makes are?

padkinson
    Free Member

Some of the 2016 Niner builds come with XT cassettes and XO1 gearing. I know this because it means I can stick my spare XTR cassettes on the new team bike without having to mess around changing the freehub 😀

Poopscoop

padkinson – Member

Some of the 2016 Niner builds come with XT cassettes and XO1 gearing. I know this because it means I can stick my spare XTR cassettes on the new team bike without having to mess around changing the freehub

Ah, good news for you too then! lol 😀

Glad to hear OEM’s are doing it too, definitely going to work then….. once I finally get the thing built!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SRAM 11speed mech and shifter + XT cassette’ is closed to new replies.