Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • Sports you just don't get..
  • Bregante

Most of my work colleagues play golf but I think it’s a game, not a sport. Anything that can be competed at world class level by an OAP is not sport.

ourmaninthenorth

I don’t like kabbadi

cullen-bay
    Free Member

I like F1, for me its not only about the overtaking.
    it is about the politics, times, controversy, winners, losers, technology, strategy and the battles between drivers.

ourmaninthenorth

Mainly, though I like my sports to be quite corrupt. Really anything involving money, gambling, drugs and sleeze.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Strip poker?

khani
    Free Member

Strip poker?

No, you only wish that was a sport 😉

llama

I don’t get in swimming: why all the different strokes? It should just be fastest to travel the distance any way they can. I mean in althletics its running. Run how you want, but just get there ahead of the other guy. There isn’t a special race for people who run in a style that is not as fast as everyone else is there!

(and I am a keen swimmer, and yes I can do all the strokes pretty well)

iDave
    Free Member

llama has a point….

*ponders*

Cougar

There isn’t a special race for people who run in a style that is not as fast as everyone else is there!

Speed walking.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Apart from speed walking?

Damn you Cougar. I look out the window for the briefest of seconds and there you go, pinching my thoughts. Bar Steward.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I can’t be bothered to read the thread but my two are:

Canoe Polo
    Underwater Hockey

Bloody non-sports is what they are.

Cougar

Bar Steward.

Pint, sir?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Okay, I’ll forgive you.

khani
    Free Member

Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi..Help me…..Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi…IT WON’T STOP….Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi……NOOOOOOOO!!!!……Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi

yunki
    Free Member

F1

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Soccer Football.

Utterly, mind numbingly, soul destroyingly dull as shite

What an absolute idiot you can be sometimes. You’re just bitter cos you were crap at it and they made you play netball with the girls. In your pants. 😉

Football is truly one of the greatest sports ever invented. No special equipment needed, other than some form of round ‘ball’, no special playing area needed, playable by all ages and both sexes, involves skill, fitness, stamina, agility and teamwork. Relatively very simple easy to follow rules. Played in just about every nation on Earth. The World’s most popular sport.

And you wouldn’t have your beloved Rugby if it weren’t for Football.

I don’t mind any sport really. Find some like Golf and Cricket boring to watch personally, but can appreciate the skill and whatnot that is required to play them. Sport is good. Sport brings joy to billions worldwide.

He what don’t like Sport is tired of life

Dr. Elfin Johnson

As far as I can tell, it seems to be an Eastern version of British Bulldog.

Far more likely that BB is a version of Kabaddi, actually.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Khani – you broke your chant. 🙁

khani
    Free Member

Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi…YOOOOBASTARRRDD!!!!……Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi Kabaddi

loddrik
    Free Member

I must add womens football (or rugby for that matter).

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Just NO FFS!

Cougar

You’re just bitter cos you were crap at it and they made you play netball with the girls. In your pants.

Hands up who’d prefer to play with girls in their pants rather than play football? *raises hand*

The World’s most popular sport

Popularity is no indication of quality. Katie Price is popular. So were Milli Vanilli.

And you wouldn’t have your beloved Rugby if it weren’t for Football.

I’m far from an expert in such matters, but I believe you’ve got that arse-backwards.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

WUNUNDRED! 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m far from an expert in such matters

That’s the only bit you got right. 😉

And the girls are fully dressed. You’d be in yer pants. Yours are most probbly stained and baggy.

Popularity is no indication of quality.

What a silly thing to say. How can you gauge which sport is higher ‘quality’ than another?

Got any more nonsense, or can me wife get in’t Jag to avoid having her new hairdo blown about in’t wind? 🙄

Doosh! Ave that yer mulleted egg-throwing wibbler!

emsz
    Free Member

Quite like football, it’s pretty straightforward.

Rugby on the other hand!?! why is he kicking it off the pitch, why are they having a group hug, why has the ref blown his whistle randomly, the rules are impossible. And it’s cold standing on the touchline, and they drink too much and throw up down your dress, and try to pinch your bum

Idiots.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

Qualitage, Emsz!

sambob
    Free Member

Sailing is rubbish to watch unless it’s skiffs in a force 6. Or extreme 40’s. Hockey is good to watch because it doesn’t really stop, and short corners can kill people, so that’s pretty exciting.

Cougar

And the girls are fully dressed. You’d be in yer pants.

I’ve no problem with that.

Yours are most probbly stained and baggy.

Don’t judge everyone else by your own standards. My undercrackers are quite dapper, old bean.

How can you gauge which sport is higher ‘quality’ than another?

Not by popularity, which is my point. Glad you agree.

I notice you didn’t reply to my suggestion that you were wrong that rugby came from football. Was that an oversight?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ve no problem with that.

They will though.

Don’t judge everyone else by your own standards

I’m not. I’m just stating probable fact. Sorry if that offends, but then the truth sometimes does, I’m afraid.

I notice you didn’t reply to my suggestion that you were wrong that rugby came from football. Was that an oversight?

I did. Have a think about it. 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

Oh dear

Cougar

They will though.

Ah yes, I see your point, they might not be able to control themselves. Poor things.

I’m not. I’m just stating probable fact. Sorry if that offends, but then the truth sometimes does, I’m afraid.

Well, no, it’s speculation at best. And like most speculation, inaccurate.

I did. Have a think about it.

Was that included in your all-encompassing claim to my general wrongability? I’ll have a Google later, I could quite readily be wrong on this point.

Cougar

Oh dear

My memory is that association football was created from rugby by people who wanted a sport with less injury and death. Assuming I’ve not made that up, I suppose it’s possible that football and rugby both came from some other donor sport that no longer exists.

Like I said, I know little about most mainstream sports (and care less).

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So be quiet then.

No-one wants to see you in your stained baggy pants.

donsimon
    Free Member

Basketball, why?

molgrips
    Free Member

I mean in althletics its running. Run how you want, but just get there ahead of the other guy

Hurdles, steeplechase, walking…

Did you know that front crawl was not done in the west when swimming as an organised sport started? It was discovered by some western guy in Fiji or somewhere, the locals did it. He brought it back to London and cleaned up in all the competitions, the conservative establishment banned it but eventually relented and agreed to unregulated races where you could do whatever you wanted. Hence ‘freestyle’.

Rugby is good BECAUSE it’s complicated. Loads of subtle and not-so-subtly different ways to structure and control the game. Thinking man’s violence. But anyway the rules are not that complicated – Mrs Grips picked it up nicely during the 05 Wales Grand Slam 🙂

Sambob – got into the sailing last Olympics, but only because the commentators were explaining and analysing it!

My memory is that association football was created from rugby by people who wanted a sport with less injury and death

Football was widely played across the UK but everywhere had different rules, ranging from semi-organised stuff similar to modern soccer to that madness they do on Shrove Tuesday in that Derbyshire village.

In particular, each public school had its own rules – being as they still are insular and quite proud of their traditions. One public school codified its game and presumably published it, and it spread in popularity. That school was Rugby school.

About the same time, in America Harvard College agreed a set of rules that they could use to play some other college. This eventually morphed into American Football and the NFL.

Also roughly at the same time a group of blokes got together in a pub somewhere and set out yet another code of rules, and formed the Football Association.

Yet more people in the colonies in the same period were doing similar and they came up with Aussie rules and Canadian Football.

It’s all very interesting. I read up on this trying to prove which kind of football was the real one true football, and I discovered that historically they are all as original as each other 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Padel or paddle. I used to teach world champion padel player and stole the girlfriend off another, don’t get the game at all!

Cougar

No-one wants to see you in your stained baggy pants.

But they’re stained with luuuurve.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah; self-love.

Disgusting. 😡

molgrips
    Free Member

Basketball on the other hand was invented by some American guy as a way of keeping young men wholesome and fit, fine upstanding citizens and not in any way interested in drink or women. Possibly inspired by a native American game. He also invented Netball for women, because it was slower and had less running about and getting out of breath.

If I were a woman I think I’d refuse to play netball on that basis alone. It didn’t work of course because modern top class netball is blindingly quick and very impressive to watch.

thejesmonddingo

I love MTBing,and coarse fishing,but watching either is mind-numbingly dull.I do like to watch the roadies tho’ the Paris -Roubaix was brilliant,particlarly when Cancellara had a go at Hushvod’s manager,while riding,the Tour of Flanders was pretty good too.

emsz
    Free Member

Netball is shit.

Court that we were made to play on was really windy, weren’t allowed to wear long sleeves or trackies either. You could watch your legs go purple.

*waves fist at Ms Finch*

Cougar

Yeah; self-love.

Disgusting.

You know that thing, where you make a joke, and then someone else misses it completely, and then they make the same joke again, only less subtly? That.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Sports you just don't get..’ is closed to new replies.