Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Spectating at the World XC and DH races
  • Trimix
    Free Member

I’ve been following the world XC and DH races on Redbull TV all last year and fancy actually going to see one for real this year.

I see that in August 25/26 the Red Bull website shows they are holding the DHI / XCO and XCC in La Bresse, France.  So that’s probably a good one to watch, its only a days drive from the UK.

Does anyone know if you need to buy tickets to watch, or just walk up the hill ?  I cant see any info on the Red Bull website.

Has anyone been to one of these events and have you any tips / advice.

Cheers

jimjam
    Free Member

Presumably you’ll have to buy a ticket and/or lift pass when you arrive at the resort.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

updates to follow probably

https://www.labresse-coupedumondemtb.com/uk/

Most are normally ticketed so just keep an eye on the site

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

All of them you have to buy tickets. Cost depends on venue. Fort William World Cup tickets (£20-30) are fairly expensive compared with say albstadt (8 Euro).

Most of the races have their own website. But as La Bresse is new might not be up yet. Most DH venues offer tickets with or without uplift access.

Trimix
    Free Member

OK, cheers for the info.

fingerbang
    Free Member

I went la bresse last time it was there which was 2011 iirc.

We just drove up and paid at the gate but I think we were lucky as its a small town and the finish line and pits were pretty much in the centre of town so parking may be a nightmare. It was packed then and every reason to suspect that with the increased popularity and red bullisation of the sport you might want to get prepaid tickets.

As a venue (not track) it’s not anywhere on the same level as fort bill but none of the euro venues are

Well worth the trip as mtbers won’t ever go to that part of c the world otherwise

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Spectating at the World XC and DH races’ is closed to new replies.