Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • Speciesismtrackworld
  • lambchop
    Free Member

What gives humans the right to eat the flesh or drink the milk of another species inhabiting the Earth? Discuss…..

jam-bo

No

mikey74
    Free Member

What gives any animal the right to eat another animal?

funkmasterp

Being the apex predator

Cougar

Cos it says we can in the Bible.

slackalice
    Free Member

EDIT: Nope.

beej

What gives any animal the right to eat another animal?

Yep.

It’s not as if we’re the only species that does it.

Those nasty spiders eating flies
    Those nasty birds eating spiders
    Those nasty cats eating birds

And all started by that old woman.

cdoc
    Free Member

What makes some feel that an animals life is worth more than plants life? Or those who will only eat an animal if it is aquatic and has no legs?
    I’m doing my bit for equality. I will eat anything!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Those nasty spiders eating flies
    Those nasty birds eating spiders
    Those nasty cats eating birds

And all started by that old woman.

Any ideas as to her motive?

funkmasterp

Any ideas as to her motive?

Not sure but I think she might die.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KmK0bZl4ILM[/video]

perchypanther
    Free Member

If God didn’t want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of tasty, tasty meat?

neilwheel
    Free Member

It’s something to do with evolution and shit…

Junkyard
    Free Member

It’s not as if we’re the only species that does it.

what is the word for reverse anthropomorphism?

Never heard anyone say well animals do it so its ok for me to – crocodiles eat their young for example, Baboons eat others baboons young , dogs roll in and eat their and others shit the list is endless

two main reasons

1. conformity – brought up doing it
    2. they value their taste buds above a sentient life

LeeW

Because you can buy it?

dazh

It’s something to do with evolution and shit…

Not heard the canine teeth explanation in a while. It’s so stupid I was beginning to think even the insecure carnivores had stopped using it.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Look what happened to the dinosaurs..

ditch_jockey

‘Rights’ are a human social construct – they don’t have the ontological status you’re attempting to bestow on them. Why not discuss the phenomenon of inter-species predation without cluttering the issue with subjective morality.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m more worried/annoyed about why we chase/hunt/kill animals for fun/sport/’amusement’ only.

‘Rights’ are a human social construct – they don’t have the ontological status you’re attempting to bestow on them. Why not discuss the phenomenon of inter-species predation without cluttering the issue with subjective morality.

Wow! WTF does that mean? 😯

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Why ‘clutter’ any discussion involving humans with the issue of morality for that matter?

funkmasterp

What gives humans the right to eat the flesh or drink the milk of another species inhabiting the Earth?

I think it’s less a right to do so and more of the ability to.

piemonster

It’d be good if this didn’t descend into the usual cliched utter bullshit arguments from both sides.

Chances are minimal.

perchypanther
    Free Member

What gives humans the right to eat the flesh or drink the milk of another species inhabiting the Earth?

Because eating your own species is considered to be not cool.

dazh

Because eating your own species is considered to be not cool.

But other animals do it.

piemonster

Humans are known to as well on a rare occasion!

Perchy Fillets with a nice Chianti

SaxonRider

There are numerous theological and philosophical approaches to the OP’s question, and none of them are easily tailored to forum consumption.

Sorry OP. Just rest assured that it’s all natural. Unfortunate, perhaps, but natural.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Taste better than a chick pea

piemonster

Taste better than a chick pea

That’s not an answer, the answer would be why it tastes better

giantalkali
    Free Member

Isn’t the OP on some sort of vajanuary health kick thing?

Sweet Jesus on a Space Hopper dude, it’s only been 5 days and you’re going all meat-is-murder on us, calm down Morrissey!

Lambchop loves the meat

GrahamS

What gives humans the right..,

Starts from the assumption that the right must be given.

Looking at it the other way: what should take away the right of humans to eat other animals?

Junkyard
    Free Member

compassion – thou shalt not kill oh and lets reword it

what should take away the right of humans to eat other humans?

if you change your answer its speciesism

the reality is we do many things to animals not even the nazis did to humans.

You can justify it how you like but no one could treat humans this way so its a speciest based argument

Whether you agree with their wider agenda is a different point but folk do think you can treat animals differently
    Personally i think it goes further as its ok to boil a lobster alive to eat one but only a monster would do this to a kitten. Its not even consistent within all non human animals.

Eat animals or treat them as you wish but almost everyone [ myself included in some areas , though less than most] will do it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Early Godwin.

bencooper
    Free Member

crocodiles eat their young for example

Yeah, but they spit them out again afterwards.

GrahamS

if you change your answer its speciesism

Indeed it is. I have no problem with that and when I read the stuff about Speciesism that dazh posted on another thread I found the suggested equivalence of Speciesism to racism to be a bit of a stretch.

Everyone is speciest specieistic speciesismists and anyone that says otherwise is a liar or not of sound mind.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

the reality is we do many things to animals not even the nazis did to humans

Hitler woz a veggie.

Makes you think.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Early Godwin. i am unable to counter your point so have a cheap shooting of the messenger

[quote]I found the suggested equivalence of Speciesism to racism to be a bit of a stretch.[/quote]I get the point they make and I do think in more enlightened times this generation will be judged terribly for our treatment of animals and the planet in general ….it will be our slavery basically.

Everyone

[img]https://www.japantimes.co.jp/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/f-BRI-dalai-a-20170912.jpg[/img]

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Junkyard, by the time we consider eating meat akin to slavery we will have nuclear holocausted ourselves or robots will be killing us for sports.

If eating meat is so bad though, shouldn’t we be killing off all predators in the name of reducing suffering over the long term.

CountZero

If humans stopped using animals for food/clothing, etc, what then do we do with all of those animals?
    Who pays for their upkeep and housing? There are millions of animals that can’t possibly be left to their own devices, and there are human societies who’s entire existence depends entirely on having herd animals or on hunting to provide much needed protein to survive.
    Who are we to condemn those societies to subsistence living on whatever handouts their governments bothers to dish out?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If God didn’t want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of tasty, tasty meat?

Very much this.
    See: Bacon.

dazh

If eating meat is so bad though, shouldn’t we be killing off all predators in the name of reducing suffering over the long term.

Don’t be daft. The whole point of speciesism, or any ‘ism’ for that matter is that humans have the unique ability to assess the rights and wrongs of certain behaviours based on the affect it has on others. Speciesism simply says that we arbitrarily suspend our normal moral decisions when applied to animals of other species, just like we used to for humans of different gender, race or sexuality. It’s a uniquely human thing, so it clearly doesn’t apply to other predators.

Gunz
    Free Member

If God had meant for us all to be vegans he would have ensured we all had enough hair to grow a man bun.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Speciesismtrackworld’ is closed to new replies.