Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Specialized Epic Comp Wheels
  • GregMay
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the 2014 Specialized Epic Comp Roval wheelset is tubeless out of the box – albeit with some yellow rim tape.

The Spesh. dealer site has let me down on this.

I know they are a bit heavy, but they will be going on my other bike and the lighter wheels going on this one…just don’t want to buy a non tubeless wheelset.

njee20
    Free Member

They usually come with the blue tape, even if they don’t a turn of said tape (or Stan’s, or Gorilla tape) will convert them, not hugely arduous.

spyke85
    Free Member

Should be Greg if it’s same ones listed in the ‘Wheels’ section under equipment priced at £500

GregMay
    Free Member

I Had a look at those Andy and they looked like an upspecced version, but I reckon you’re right.

timb34
    Free Member

The rims look the same, but the hubs are different.

I suspect that the only way to really find out if the supplied wheels are tubeless ready is to have a look at a pair and see if they’re pre-taped with blue tubeless tape or the red fabric stuff.

Having said that, I recently converted a pair of Specialized Carve wheels to tubeless using one turn of gorilla tape without too much drama, so even if they’re not ‘official’ tubeless they will probably work.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

They are tubeless ready . The Spesh tubeless rim tape is brown not blue these days but it says tubeless on it . The 2014 Epic also comes with Spesh tubeless valves .

GregMay
    Free Member

Sweet, thanks folks. Just ordered one today 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Epic Comp Wheels’ is closed to new replies.