Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Spd axle wobbly – servicable?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Morning, can you fix a wobble axle on a set of xt pedals? I have removed the axle and given it a clean inside, all looks okay. Would tightening the nuts at the end of the axle stop the wobbling? Watched a couple of you tubes and they just cover cleaning and regressing, not sorting a wobble out.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Yes, but don’t over-tighten them.

BadlyWiredDog

As above. Yes, it’s a little fiddly, but easy enough. Loosen the locknut, nip up the adjuster nut to reduce play but not so it’s overly tight, hold adjuster nut in place, tighten lock-nut. There’s a special Shimano tool for this, but it’s heinously expensive.

DT78
    Free Member

Ok thanks guys

cynic-al
    Free Member

£43 **** me I see the price has gone up from the £15 Ipaid! My favourite tool:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-spd-pedal-cone-adjuster-tool-pd63/rp-prod5730

Dibbs
    Free Member

RRP £69.99!!!!!! wow. 😯

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Once you’ve done the adjustment as BWD says, fill the pedal body with fresh grease and screw the axle back in. All the old grease will be forced out through the seals and it’ll be perfectly lubricated with fresh grease with no room left for water. I’ve done this scores of times. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Spd axle wobbly – servicable?’ is closed to new replies.