Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Spat at
  • gauss1777
    Free Member

So, I was just cycling along a side street to have a driver turn into the same side street going in the opposite direction. A narrow street, one lane in each direction. As he turned the corner at speed he came across into my lane as there was a parked car on his side. He did not stop, or slow down but sped by close to me. I shouted “oi” and he reversed back to confront me. I explained that he was going too fast and he said I shouldn’t have been in the middle of the road – then he spat in my face and eyes and drove off!

Called the police and they are going to come and take a statement. So much for the season of goodwill : (

wrightyson
    Free Member

I believe it is considered as assault. What a scumbag either way. He wanrs knocking out!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Did you get the reg?

I always carry a tin of brake fluid with me in case I get a leaky caliper.

gauss1777
    Free Member

The police officer (I presume it was one) that I spoke to on the phone said the same (not the knocking out bit obv). Trouble is I’m no fighter, I couldn’t punch my way out of a paper bag and he has more idea where I stay, than I do him).

oldnpastit

😡

Jamie
    Free Member

Did you get the reg?

This. So much this.

allthepies
    Free Member

Get the number plate ?

Edit: Too slow.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Yes, got the reg and a reasonable description.

T1000
    Free Member

Gross, same thing happened to a friend The Police took samples as evidence

Jamie
    Free Member

Yes, got the reg and a reasonable description.

Excellent stuff.

Gross question, but did you save a sample?

rene59
    Free Member

Did you keep the spit as evidence? I think otherwise it will be your word against theirs and the police won’t do anything other than visit.

fadda

Sounds like you came across one of life’s little days of sunshine…

Hope you got enough details for the police to go round and at !east give him a little wake up call…

gauss1777
    Free Member

Did you keep the spit as evidence? I think otherwise it will be your word against theirs and the police won’t do anything other than visit.

No, I didn’t think of this, it was pretty disgusting, so I washed my face immediately. I doubt they’d DNA test the spit off say a handkerchief would they?

Jamie
    Free Member

Dunno. I would like to think they would. Maybe one of the police STW’ers on here could shed some light on it.

thegreatape
    Free Member

If you came to me having been spat at I’d take a couple of quick swabs of your face. Although in your situation I too would want to wash my face immediately. Did any go on your clothes? Handkerchief might be useful, I’d seize it.

It’s 100% an assault, and in my experience one that courts find particularly offensive and degrading.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Get a cam and gross.

Not everyone is an animal O.P. Actually I’ve insulted animals comparing to the van driver who spat at you.

He must be a loser scumbag.

Karma will get him. Forget him and enjoy life.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Forget him and enjoy life.

Thanks for the support everyone. You’re right I should do my best to put it out of mind. (Sitting here now thinking Hepatitis, HIV,… )
    I’ll likely post once the police have been, to give an update.

rOcKeTdOg

Police will do nothing your word against the spitter. As for those saying they should DNA test the spittle, get real!

Jamie
    Free Member

Police will do nothing your word against the spitter. As for those saying they should DNA test the spittle, get real!

Or you could read three posts above yours where an actual real life policeman says:

If you came to me having been spat at I’d take a couple of quick swabs of your face. Although in your situation I too would want to wash my face immediately. Did any go on your clothes? Handkerchief might be useful, I’d seize it.

That real enough for you?

fossy

As a very minimum it should go as intelligence against the driver.

I had a guy threaten to run me down, I took his reg and reported it, full statement. Police took it further and suggested I press for charges. They looked into it and interviewed the driver, but couldn’t take it further as it was my word vs his. They did say the incident had been logged as the ‘vehicle’ had had other ‘reports’ against it. Basically, if they get pulled for something more severe, these ‘reports’ will get taken into account.

If this guy is going to spit from his car, I’d suspect he may have previous.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

It’s happened to me.

I felt a bit of pity for the guy – obviously subhuman & probably finds every day a struggle.

Despite my compassion for the inadequate on this planet – I truly hope that kunt ends up on the losing side of an argument with a tree one day.

Fing tosser.

angeldust
    Free Member

Disgusting behaviour. What is wrong with some people? Karma will get him.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Scum.

But try not to take it personally, wrong place, wrong time.

I have to ask…low rent BMW or Audi?

Would anyone have followed? (if possible)

gauss1777
    Free Member

I have to ask…low rent BMW or Audi?

Sorry, I know nothing of such things. A white van, a bit bigger than postman Pat’s I think.

jimjam
    Free Member

Well judging by the actual original post the OP was asking for it. In his own words

I was just cycling along

I shouted “oi”

I explained that he

So he has the cheek to cycle on roads, despite paying no road tax or VED, slowing down cars and aggravating other road users. Then despite being a lesser human and not driving a car he has the gall to shout at a car.

As if this all wasn’t enough it then thinks it can “explain” something to someone who drives a car.

bex
    Free Member

This happened to me; far from doing nothing, the police later arrested the driver and he was prosecuted for racially aggravated assault (he also called me a ‘dirty white b*”ch). Turned out he had a string of previous convictions and was wanted for a similar incident where he threatened a driver with a metal bar. He was sent down for 6 months. And sorry rOcketdog but yes, the police did ask if I had washed the saliva off (I had but that made no difference, they pursued it anyway). It’s a horrible thing to happen but you did the right thing.

funkmasterp

There are some real dickheads out there. Hope the police take it further OP. These people need to realise that their behaviour is completely unacceptable

project
    Free Member

Lots of bus and train staff get spat at thats why theyre issued with spit kits a small sealed tupe with a few cotton buds inside to secure a sample.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Disgusting. Although I would recommend saying nothing at the time. An ”Oi’ to the wrong person could cost you more than the disgusting thing that happened to you. Acid, knives etc… you just never know. So much better to to cycle along and ignore verbal abuse/close shaves however difficult.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Karma WILL return the favour, that’s just about for sure.
    He’ll spit at/abuse the wrong person one day, & that person could well rip his head off, pull his lungs out & shit down his neck.

globalti
    Free Member

It’s always worth reporting this kind of thing because as Fossy writes above, the information goes to build a picture of the driver’s behaviour.

Merak

gauss1777

Thanks for the support everyone. You’re right I should do my best to put it out of mind. (Sitting here now thinking Hepatitis, HIV,… )

Are you for real?

singletrackmind

no , he’s a spambot.
    Ok, so the OP does not have a full working knowledge of communicle diseases , as he’s just a bloke..
    your wind neck in

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well if someone gozzed on me I’d be wondering what was in it as well.
    Not everyone’s an expert like Merak.

fossy

Quite – if someone will spit, then they aren’t quite there mentally.

OP is most likely OK, but it’s still assault. The person most likely has previous history of violent behaviour, so it has to be reported.

You fight bullies by sticking to the rules.

gauss1777
    Free Member

gauss1777

Are you for real?
    If you are an expert, you could put my mind at ease by explaining why my fears are unreasonable.

Ok, so the OP does not have a full working knowledge of communicle diseases ,

I appreciate your coming to my defence, (but I actually thought I had a fair understanding of how diseases can be transmitted). Okay, HIV is perhaps a tad over dramatic, but I thought hepatitis was much more contagious.

Poopscoop

Merak – Member
    gauss1777

Are you for real?

I think I would be concerned of the same.

Pretty sure Hep can be passed on via spittle though probably very unlikely.

Give the op a break for Christ’s sake anyway. He did nothing wrong.

Merak

Sycophants.

Poopscoop

Merak – Member
    Sycophants.

I can live with being that if that’s what you think I am. Better that, than being offensive for the sake of it.

Your being the online equivalent of the guy that spat to be honest.

Bye bye.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Lets goz on Merak, that might dampen his attitude about being gozzed on.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Spat at’ is closed to new replies.