Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • SouthWestern USA Holiday Pics – Just to remind us what dry trails look like
  • zinger
    Free Member

Well at least the wet weather we've had recently has given me the time to add a MTB trip I did back in April to My website

http://WWW.MTB-HOL.COM

Two weeks of fantastic singletrack riding and NO rain

The route I took

Phoenix Area Ride

Hawes – Had a great ride here with some AZ MTBR forum members, great trails and good company

On another day I had a great ride over at Pima & Dynamite – brilliant xc singletrack

Saw a couple snakes riding at Pima here one of em

Sedona
    I did a couple of rides in Sedona on the first day I did a big loop near Oak Creek Village
    Llama Trail

Broken Arrow Trail

On 2nd day I rode with a friend and his dog, We rode some trails I'd not done before and having the dog along meant I didn't suffer as much as I normally do riding with my friend who's used to the altitude, as instead of waiting for me we had to wait for the dog

Flagstaff

On this trip I only managed short ride on the Fort Valley trails (Upper Mt Elden was still snowed in)

Kingman

I rode some excellent XC trails near Kingman

St George

At St George I rode at Gooseberry Mesa – rode the hidden trail for the first time

And saw another rattler

I rode with Friends I'd met on a previous trip At Little Creek, I much prefer little creek to goosebury much better xc riding with great flow and superb views

I rode at the slick rock swamp for the first time – very nice techy singletarck with nice views, and great guiding from my mate Rick

Fruita

Rode Up at 18 road a couple of times in the day and at night

Joes Ridge

Top of ziperty-do-dah

Steep bit of Ziperty

Vegee Trail

Primecut at night

Western Rim Trail – nice singletrack at times but perhaps a bit too much double track

Kokopelli Trails – Ridden here quite a few times and the trails are still great to ride

Cortez

The only thing that really sucked about this holiday was Moab – because I got stopped for speeding as I headed down towards Moab

Phils world trails were nice (But a bit too buff) – the best part was the rib cage (not shown as i was having too much fun riding to take a picture – see video on my website)

Sandcanyon was one of my favorite rides of the trip – very spooky as it turned to dusk – due to all the indian ruins and wilderness feel

Gallup

I rode the High desert trail in the day and at night – my friend from flagstaff plus dog drove all the way out to ride with me on the high desert trail, and we had a great day

I'm currently planning another trip out to SW USA in April / May 2010 if any one's interested in hooking up for some rides get in touch

ampthill

Takes me right back

We did lots of cycling round there in the 1990's (1994) I think. We had 3 months living out of my friends flat in Boulder Colarado.

We did a couple of Moab trips including the White Rim Trail without support

I'm just scanning some photos at the moment dues to the excitement of now having a calibrated monitor and Windowsw 7 still being able to drive my scanner. Maybe I'll post some later

spanishbarry
    Free Member

Ride em cowboy ,looks fantastic mate !

tang
    Free Member

prime cut and zipety do dah, yes please.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘SouthWestern USA Holiday Pics – Just to remind us what dry trails look like’ is closed to new replies.