Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • South Banbury route suggestions
  • littlelo
    Free Member

Hi, I’ve recently inherited a mountain bike and was wondering if there are any decent places to ride? I’ve been out a few times over the past few months but not really found anything that good, my uncle took me to cannock last week and that was great!

I don’t really like riding on the road but happy to do a couple of miles to get somewhere good. I’m actually in Bloxham and happy to ride 3 hours and 40km if it’s not too hard going. I haven’t yet passed my driving test so can’t drive anywhere so that rules out anywhere too far away.

Thanks
    Lola

littlelo
    Free Member

I should also add, one of my parents lives in Enstone so I can also ride from there is thats better?

ajantom

Riding from Bloxham itself is pretty poor – childhood MTBing friend lived there, so know it well. Your not far from the Chilterns or the Cotswolds though.

oliverracing

Not Bloxham, but within 15km of Enstone there is some okish stuff around Stonesfield and near Dean, feel free to message me for exact locations as they are slightly cheeky.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

There s a group based in Hook Norton called ‘old men on bikes’ or something like that. Look them up on google or maybe Facebook. I don’t think they are all old!

littlelo
    Free Member

Thanks guys!!!

I might be missing something but can’t spot a message button? Or did you mean email?

jkomo

Sorry to say there’s not a lot round here. If it’s frozen solid or bone dry there’s some okay loops.
    It’s Cannock, Forest of Dean, Swinley for us I’m afraid.
    Some good road routes around here if you want to join a not very serious group ride, average 16-18mph, Deddington start.
    Also a mate rides with a mtb bunch from Witney if that’s any good.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘South Banbury route suggestions’ is closed to new replies.