• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by igm.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sourdough toast, made with milk & granary flour served with marmalade
  • igm

I’m sure there are better things in life, but not many, and not by much.

Thank you to the folks on here for the sourdough thread and a reminder to concentrate on the simple things.

grum
    Free Member

Sourdough toast with raw cultured butter and a little crunchy salt for me 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s amazing stuff, Mrs nobeer makes the most awesome smoky homemade beans, atop toasted sourdough and covered in a good strong grated cheese is tremendous.

I’m amazed at just how easy sourdough is to actually make.

johnners
    Free Member

Come on STW, you can’t let the one-upping stop there. There must be someone who mines their own salt or produces it by evaporating artisan sea water.

Rubber_Buccaneer

There must be someone who mines their own salt or produces it by evaporating artisan sea water.

I chip it from the top tube of my turbo bike

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Argh. The only thing worse than recommending overpriced ‘artisan‘ virtue-signaling hipster rubbish…

… is extolling the taste of delicious traditional home-cooked food 😉

Source: internet fora.

TooTall
    Free Member

No butter? Ugh, throw it away.

Marmalade needs specifics. Bitter? Yes. Sweet, NO!

Also, toast allowed to cool enough so butter doesn’t turn into a salty lake.

igm

Marmalade produced by a small local company owned by the parents of a lass in my son’s year at school.

Sweet and bitter I’d say, but possibly tending towards a citrusy bitterness.

No butter.

If I have butter, it’s on bread not toast (see salty lake comment). Personal choice, I can see others would differ.

davy-g
    Free Member

LIDL thin cut marmalade is the best of the bunch…..I love it on my cooled sourdough buttered toast in the mornings, or afternoons or evenings or anytime I fancy a slice…. 🙂

stumpy01

It was going ok until you said marmalade, which is hateful stuff and should be banned…

teadrinker
    Free Member

this thread requires pictures please

igm

Pot of marmite for Mr Stumpy please.
    😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sourdough toast, made with milk & granary flour served with marmalade’ is closed to new replies.