Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Source of tubeless tyre plugs
  • qwerty
    Free Member

please.

Ta.

kayak23

I have this Panaracer kit in my pack.
    It’s the shiz yo.

qwerty
    Free Member

Ah – i have a Weldtite kit, i’ve used all the plugs. I can find vulcanising glue easy enough on eBay, i’m just looking to top up on the plugs only.

qwerty
    Free Member

“strings” – thats what i needed, thanks.

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

I buy the thick car ones, tear them longitudinally into thin ones then cut in half along the length.

One car size plug becomes ~20 bicycle size.

deadkenny
    Free Member

+1 Panaracer kit because you just cut off strips as you need. Get loads out of the rubber patch they provide.

Or find a similar bit of rubber patch and cut it up.

qwerty
    Free Member

Do those Dynaracer type things leave the metal spike inside of the tyre after? If so can they be reused? Are you then committed to buying their dedicated strings for it?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Dynaplug does tie you into their strings but I don’t see it as a major issue. I’ve just treated myself to a megapill, but not had to use it in anger yet.

hairylegs
    Free Member

qwerty – Member

Do those Dynaracer type things leave the metal spike inside of the tyre after? If so can they be reused? Are you then committed to buying their dedicated strings for it?

Yep, the metal spike gets left in the tyre and you do have to buy their dedicated strings.

The big plus side for me is that it’s all preloaded with no faffing around. When it’s cold and wet and getting dark this simplicity wins hands down for me.

MrAgreeable

Chipps found the ultimate source of plugs on Fresh Goods Friday the other week – £6.99 for 50 that are long enough to cut in half!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142118522716

You need to be a bit careful with the eBay ones as a lot of them are designed for car tyres and it can be almost impossible to cram them into a small-ish hole, unless you also have a reamer. 3.5mm is the width to go for.

The Dynaplug thing is meant to be great, but you need to be careful if you’re using the pointy plugs – they’re easily sharp enough to pierce an inner tube if you have to put one in later.

This looks good too: http://sahmurai-sword.uk/

Onzadog
    Free Member

The sahmurai sword things look great but I find a fair bit of dried mud in my bars when I come to change them. I can’t help but think that exposure would dry out the plugs just when I needed them most.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Source of tubeless tyre plugs’ is closed to new replies.