• This topic has 222 replies, 103 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 23 posts - 201 through 223 (of 223 total)
  • So….the dog bit my Daughter on the face..!!
  • atlaz
    Free Member

indeed. but if a dog is really going for it then i strongly advise getting the **** out of there.

anyone claiming to have ‘kicked the shit out of a dog to teach it a lesson’ has clearly either been picking on small dogs, or dogs that were close to rolling over anyway.

Surely beating up animals is like drops and jumps. Start small and get bigger? You wouldn’t start by trying to beat up a lion, you’d want to start with a vole or something.

rkk01
    Free Member

A Jack Russell is hardly a threat to a grown adult man.

Can’t really take this comment seriously…

Dachshund, Jack Russell and Cairn terriers would be my top 3 of unpredictable, aggresive dog breeds.
    (well, no, quite predictable in most cases – neurotically aggressive)

I knew 2 full grown adults who were seriously injured, hospitalised and circa 6 months recovery – one bitten by their own JR and one bitten by BiL’s Cairn

MrsToast
    Free Member

I actually booted an alsatian two weeks ago because he went for our dog. He was off the lead, there was no owner about, so I felt I didn’t really have too much choice – kicked him in the ribs and screamed at him, he went for Benny again so I went to kick him again but he backed off and looked mildly offended. He wasn’t aggressive to me at all, just Benny, which is funny because Benny isn’t remotely aggressive, even after being bitten. I felt a bit bad and wondered if there was a better way of dealing with it, but after it turned out he had actually punctured the skin on Benny’s throat and it got infected, any guilt disappeared.

I informed the dog warden, she investigated and it turned out the alsatian belonged to a nearby farm. He’s allowed out into the garden and enclosed fields, and they hadn’t realised he could get out on to the bridleway. They used to walk him locally, but he ‘got a bit funny’ with other dogs, so they stopped. I don’t want the alsatian put down, but hopefully we won’t see him again!

So yeah, I’m not sure where I fit in the STW dog party. I love dogs and think they’re ace, but I have also booted one. /o\

AndyP
    Free Member

I’d love to meet you and bite your leg.

Thread just got wierd.

thejesmonddingo

I stood on a worm when I was a child,I didn’t realise what it would lead to.

jekkyl

lol @

so I went to kick him again but he backed off and looked mildly offended.

bencooper
    Free Member

I once jumped on a staffie, and punched it in the head a few times. Now that was a party…

(actually, it had ahold of our cat)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You wouldn’t start by trying to beat up a lion, you’d want to start with a vole or something.

I’ve spanked a monkey many a time. And, what’s more, bashed several beavers.

What? WHAT?

😉

johndoh
    Free Member

you’d want to start with a vole or something

😆

bencooper
    Free Member

This explains why voles are endangered.

xiphon
    Free Member

@hugor

If you tried to bite my leg, I’d think that was slightly weird. Before it got to that stage, I’d ask you politely to not bite me – as you can understand the simple request. Hopefully you wouldn’t go down on your hands and knees beside me, and start salivating at my shins.

If your dog however went to bite me, and you were unable to prevent it (I’m sure you’d try very, very hard), I would have no hesitation in kicking it. Even if you were standing next to me, preaching about it was such a good gentle doggy.

neninja
    Free Member

Dachshund, Jack Russell and Cairn terriers would be my top 3 of unpredictable, aggresive dog breeds.
    (well, no, quite predictable in most cases – neurotically aggressive)

It’s funny how peoples experiences of certain breeds can be so different.

My Cairn was one of the most even tempered dogs around people and kids that I know. My brothers Parsons Terrier (type of Jack Russell) is similarly friendly and predictable.

neninja
    Free Member

So that’s the glitch

thejesmonddingo

Will no-one think of the voles?

juan
    Free Member

I think dog owners really should get a grip on reality. They wouldn’t tolerate a tenth of the agressive behaviour their dog express from a human counterpart.

davidjones15
    Free Member

If your dog however went to bite me,

I’d chin you for getting too close to my dog and laugh at you for getting what you deserve. The number of idiots who came up to my dog when she was on the lead was incredible. 😉 Few dogs are the aggressor.
    Clear symapthies going out the the poor family in Ketley.

Cougar

Few dogs are the aggressor.

The number of dogs who’ve attacked me unprovoked is larger than the number of dogs I’ve attacked unprovoked, certainly. I expect that’s a fairly universal truth, unless you go by the name of Dogbooter Dave.

davidjones15
    Free Member

What did you do to upset them, Cougar? 😀
    This does remind me of the ‘don’t do anything to upset the dog’ comments that one might hear. Why don’t these people then tell you what it is that is likely to upset said pooch?

atlaz
    Free Member

Slightly different to

I’d chin you for getting too close to my dog and laugh at you for getting what you deserve

Is chinning someone telling them what they did that’s like to upset your beloved pet? Not making dog owners sound any more rational really.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Not making dog owners sound any more rational really.

Am I not allowed to laugh at stupid dog owners? I’d only chin people who understand this language, and as xiphon is quite fluent in this language, I’m sure he’d understand and accept my POV.
    Just help you, I have never said,

don’t do anything to upset the dog’

philconsequence
    Free Member

down to the dog owners to train the dog and ensure it’s under control in public places at all times, not the public to moderate their behaviour as not to upset the dog. i’m not talking about the public being allowed to run up to the dog shouting ‘i’m going to attack you’, waving arms and making barking noises, but if your dog is spooked by joggers in reflective gear then its down to the owners to deal with that, not the joggers.

equally i think parents should train their kids not to approach strange dogs without asking permission from the dogs owner first.

tis all about respect for each other innit.

nacho
    Free Member

well said phil

Mark

And with that lets call it a day on this topic and prevent any more escalations of abuse and threats of violence.

Viewing 23 posts - 201 through 223 (of 223 total)

The topic ‘So….the dog bit my Daughter on the face..!!’ is closed to new replies.