Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sorry, what 700x25mm tyres…..
  • MoreCashThanDash

Managed to blow a hole through the original Spesh Roubaix tyre on my Roubaix yesterday (to be fair, they've had 2000 miles use), and really wanted some Krylion Carbons to replace them, but there are none in the Uk in 25mm width till the end of August.

Looking for comfy, quick rolling, puncture resistant tyres at less than £30 a wheel please. Used for sportives and long rides on the immaculately surfaced Peak District roads…….what do you recommend?

MoreCashThanDash

Surely I've not started a tyre thread that no one has an opinion on?

glenh
    Free Member

I like Michelin pro race 3.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hmm, Gatorskins might be worth a look, or a GP4Seasons (But out of budget)

samuri
    Free Member

Continental GP4000's on all my road bikes now. Faultless as far as I'm concerned, massive mileage capabilities (I have one front that has done over 5000 miles and its still going) and virtually puncture proof.

GW
    Free Member

my 4seasons were £27 (Well worth it tho)

johnners
    Free Member

Gatorskins, or Sport Contacts.

trail_rat
    Free Member

depends what you want from a tire …..

for light weight and road feel go to conti …. for puncture proof try some bonty race lite hardcase. done some horrible riding on them since i got them in june – about 2000kms – of course someones going to come and say thats not possible but they can **** off ….

they have done alot of the roads round the north of scotland to durness , round the black isle(including an excursion through a farm and down an off road trail) and round the cairngorms 3 or 4 times and commuting round aberdeen- been impressed so far ! dual compound forks well … only complaint is they are a tad harsh compared to what im used to – but ill take that for puncture resistance !

plop_pants
    Free Member

Did the Paris-Roubaix sportive again this year and this time I used Michelin Pro Race 2 25mm.
    ~£30 a pair off ebay. They were brilliant. Very comfortable and fast with grippy cornering. Not one cut in either tyre after 150 miles in the rain, on muddy cobbles and all sorts. Going to use them this winter and see how they go. Usually use Conti 4 seasons but these are difficult to find at anywhere near the price of the michelins.

rnagain
    Free Member

Conti 4 seasons for me, too. A bit pricey but seem to perform well all round on some pretty horrible roads.
    I did have one start to delaminate a couple of months back (small section of rubber peeled off – half centimetre square – leaving the casing exposed) but havben't heard of this being a problem for others.

Simon-E

Can you buy Pro 3 Race / GP4000S in 25mm? I've not looked.

Conti GP 4 Seasons is at your price limit but is tougher than these two.

Others with p-word protection are Rubino Pro II/III or Bontrager Race X Lite Hardcase (at 250g, significantly lighter and more supple than the standard ~350g Hardcase which is as tough as anything).

Tyredocter
    Free Member

Czar or Compressor from cyclelife.com Also Raleigh do Puncture Resitant Tubes too!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sorry, what 700x25mm tyres…..’ is closed to new replies.