Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Sorry, I just have to ask, who are you?
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

getting back to the advert thing, on STW I see lots of ads for women’s clothes*, but on youtube I see ads for dealxtreme.

Is there an exclusive-or filter ie you see ads for stuff which isn’t to do with the website ?

*my wife uses this computer. for browsing dealxtreme, obviously.

CountZero

I’m in the uncool list? I had a number of chart hits in the 1970s, including the best Christmas song ever, better even than Slade, or Cliff Richard’s

Being a convicted pedophile rather negates the christmas hit thing, and anyway, Cliff’s is hardly one of the greatest; everyone knows it’s Slade, The Pogues and The Waitresses.
    Oh, and I have bought cycle gear in Aldi. And Lidle. And I ride a singlespeed. I’m about as uncool as something from Planet Tepid.

molgrips
    Free Member

I am less cool than anyone else on here.

derekrides
    Free Member

I must admit to being a bit baffled by you single speed dudes, can’t be categorised as uncool for that, not like those fixie types.. I was at a show in Germany once and in another part of the exhibition there were a bunch of fixies types trying to do tricks, jumps and things, they were all Brits from Lunnon, none of them were sticking the tricks they were crashing and piling in left and right, one of those times I’m glad to be American not Brit (Germans can’t tell the difference, out there I’m Chuck and come from Texas). Fixie riders are definitely uncool, so Single Speed dudes are in danger of uncool by association to the casual observer all very embarrassing.

BoardinBob

I must admit to being a bit baffled by you single speed dudes, can’t be categorised as uncool for that, not like those fixie types.. I was at a show in Germany once and in another part of the exhibition there were a bunch of fixies types trying to do tricks, jumps and things, they were all Brits from Lunnon, none of them were sticking the tricks they were crashing and piling in left and right, one of those times I’m glad to be American not Brit (Germans can’t tell the difference, out there I’m Chuck and come from Texas). Fixie riders are definitely uncool, so Single Speed dudes are in danger of uncool by association to the casual observer all very embarrassing.

rOcKeTdOg

Do not lump me in with everyone else, they smell 😐

Cougar

Some people call me Morris, but you can call me Al.

I made millions in Biltong in the 80’s, but lost it all in Swedish copper in the 90s. These days I operate as a soldier of fortune, when the odds are against you and if you can find me.

I enjoy downhill unicycling, extreme ironing, and owl stretching. (Not at the same time, that would be silly). I own a vast collection of spoons, including a rare medieval spurtle.

I used to bullsye womprats in my T16 back home. I qualified for the British triple-jump team in the Seoul Olympics, but had to withdraw due to a complicated earlobe injury. I don’t like to talk about it.

I told Bill Gates that he’d need more than 640k, but he wouldn’t listen. I once gave acting tips to Ron Jeremy, during my time as a stunt double. I’m qualified to pilot passenger aircraft. I’ve never owned a trampoline.

Some say I’m the Stig. The truth is that I simply fill in for the Stig on the difficult bits.

I’m not deaf, dumb or blind, but I sure play a mean pinball.

One of the above statements may be true.

Sandwich

No ads to speak of here, Google and me aren’t speaking.

maccruiskeen

I’ve always been undecided

You sure about that?

Bunnyhop

Cougar – he won’t know what a spurtle is.

I’m unbelievably cool, but a trendsetter. Don’t get adverts being a ‘P’.

derekrides
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – Member
    Cougar – he won’t know what a spurtle is.

He lost me at morris, nobody calls their kid ‘morris’ didn’t you Brits call one of your lame old cars ‘Morris’ ?

Spurtle? Sounds like something Northern your kind elf’nsafety dude warned me about, then again that could be it? Northerners don’t eat their young they psychologically destroy them by calling them Morris..

Spurtle is Spurt in Liverpoolese or Liverpudalien whatever you call that worse dialect in the world that makes ears bleed and cars jump up on bricks and shed all their wheels..

Bunnyhop

He’s a northerner, so misheard Morris (Maurice) it’s not his fault, we’re all the same, it gets to you living up North, you know all these trails for riding your bike on – shouldn’t be allowed.

Maybe he’s a wassock 😉

derekrides
    Free Member

So, so I can grasp it, would that be Morris as in Mo with hard o like in choc and riss, or Moe and Reese like in Witherspoon?

Where’s the elfin dude when you need him?

Er in case you were wondering, yes, limp handshake and drink lite beer sorry dude

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Sorry, I just have to ask, who are you?’ is closed to new replies.