Home Forums Chat Forum Somewhere to "wild camp" in the van near Chester

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Somewhere to "wild camp" in the van near Chester
  • alpin
    Free Member

Need to be in Chester (specifically Saltney) early tomorrow for an appointment.

Anyone know of a decent, hassle free spot where I could park up for the night?

Cheers in advance….

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Little Roodee car park.
    Couple of quid for the night, perfectly legit and the right side of town for Saltney.

majorspaniel

As the Captain said, plus Hickorys BBQ is a short walk away if your into that.

project
    Free Member

Blacon is pretty wild at night.

litle roodee closes and locked at 22.30

http://livetravel.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/carparkdetail.aspx?t=carpark&r=CP9644&X=340355&Y=365632&format=xhtml

Broughton Park, 24 hr tesco, pub, cafes all there just up road from saltney

alpin
    Free Member

Wow…. I love STW!

If you see a big, all black VW T5 with German plates give us a wave…

Cheers!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

litle roodee closes and locked at 22.30

No it doesn’t, that’s what it says but I’ve never seen it closed or locked (waits for sod’s law to kick in).
    It’s also just around the corner from the Brewery Tap, great food, great beer and the staff are the best.
    Off Castle Drive.

project
    Free Member

Off the A55, heading from chester, opposite British aerospace factory

marcus7
    Free Member

Hi alpin you can use our car park in pentre and I can even let you use our toilet etc if you want in the morning.

ninfan
    Free Member

Right here

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/England/@53.2633943,-3.0493481,286m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x47d0a98a6c1ed5df:0xf4e19525332d8ea8!6m1!1e1

Couple of hundred yards from the welsh border, lovely views, curlews, marsh harriers, sea air – perfect

commander
    Free Member

Truck stop, 6 quid on Broxton roundabout, A41, 8 miles from Chester though.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Chester zoo car park.

alpin
    Free Member

Cheers guys, especially Marcus…!

Unfortunately our plans have changed and we need to spend another night in Preston… Tomorrow will be a long day….

olly2097
    Free Member

Commander – you do know what happens at Broxton at night don’t you?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’m not convinced you can call sleeping in a van ‘wild camping’. But whatever floats your boat.

project
    Free Member

I’m not convinced you can call sleeping in a van ‘wild camping’. But whatever floats your boat.

camping at broxton will certainly rock your boat

tillydog
    Free Member

Down the road in Caia Park is pretty wild, too ;)

commander
    Free Member

Olly, yep Broxton is the infamous dogging centre of this area, or rather it was – the car park there has been taken over by someone or other and now has all night security, chanrges £6 a pop to stay, all the tree cover has gone and the doggers have moved on.
    We’re only down the road and glad to see it changed, driving past some nights it was ridiculous (especially on the third time we passed…).
    That said – they moved to the golf course over the road for a while, that was worse, running down the golf tracks late one evening I was met by two males in a scene that lives with me til this day.
    I’ve had all the obvious hole in one etc jokes so don’t bother…..

sharkattack

Wow…. I love STW!

If you see a big, all black VW T5 with German plates give us a wave…

Cheers!

Don’t tell them that!

Someone from here will come along in their Mazda Bongo and start going on about how much better value their van was.

We’re only down the road and glad to see it changed, driving past some nights it was ridiculous (especially on the third time we passed…).

But you went back how many times?

commander
    Free Member

Oh on the third time we pulled in and stayed……

sharkbait
    Free Member

Commander: what’s the Egerton Arms like now? I remember going there as a little lad with M&D on Boxing Day when we lived in Handley – it was always packed and great fun.
    Not been for about 20 years I guess!

alpin
    Free Member

What a lovely, lovely,pleasant place Chester is…. Spent the day getting lost down the alley ways. Quite a contrast compared to Blackpool the day before!

Cheers for your help guys!

commander
    Free Member

sharkbait, it will have changed since your last visit then, weve lived here 17 years and remember it as a family pub place and its all gastropub now, very nice though ~ a warm welcome and ace food. Best bit is its within a 20 minute stumble of the house. absolutely chokka most the time so must be doing something right.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Somewhere to "wild camp" in the van near Chester’ is closed to new replies.