Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Sometimes I'd rather not be proved right
  • grum
    Free Member

What a brilliantly self-aggrandising thread title. Bravo.

zokes
    Free Member

Looks like the Edukator needs some Edukayshun

Again…

Spin
    Free Member

So you believe we should treat the symptom rather than the cause?

I think the best way to stop terrorism is to adopt a foreign policy that does not marginalise or anger people to the extent that they are willing to don women’s clothing and blow themselves up.

Just a thought.

chewkw
    Free Member

Spin – Member

So you believe we should treat the symptom rather than the cause?

Eh? A bit like chicken and egg isn’t it?
    Symptom -> cause -> symptom -> cause … which comes first?

I think the best way to stop terrorism is to adopt a foreign policy that does not marginalise or anger people to the extent that they are willing to don women’s clothing and blow themselves up.

There is not such thing as not marginalising people as the whole bloody maggot mankind is built on marginalising each other. The answer is how much do we tolerate being marginalised by each other.

The way to stop marginalising one party is to completely nuke them to kingdom come so no one complaints about being marginalised because there is nobody left. Problem solved … until such time as we start multiplying again to compete for limited resources. Bunch of greedy buggers.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Did they use it to get into somewhere where only women in burkas could get that was expected to be bomb-free?

TooTall
    Free Member

I suspect that there are more female suicide bombers than there are cross dresser suicide bombers.

You’d be wrong then. Even those groups that use women suicide bombers use far more men than women. Inequality in suicide bombing as well – terrible.

nealglover
    Free Member

Eh? A bit like chicken and egg isn’t it?
    Symptom -> cause -> symptom -> cause … which comes first?

No it’s nothing like chicken and egg.

Cause comes first.

That’s why it’s called the “cause”.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Daft outsize fancy dress is also not so popular in France. Thank heavens for that.

konabunny
    Free Member

“For some time I’ve been objecting to the burka on the basis you have no idea who or what is under the thing. “

Whenever I’ve won a burka, it hasnt been an problem knowing who’s under the thing. But if you’re worried you’re going to forget who you are, then I suggest you hold off wearing them. Hth.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’m sure if we ask the UN nicely they can ban it globally. What with their astounding ability to create world peace, eliminate poverty, ensure the entire world is well fed and has enough water and cure disease. With all that in the bag, I’m sure they can easily ban the burka.

If we’re going to get the UN to do the burka ban, I’d like to request that they also ban the polar opposite. I’d like people carrying too much weight banned from wearing anything skin tight as with those you know exactly what is under the thing.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You’d be wrong then.

Go on then, tell me – how many suicide bombers are crossdressers and how many are women ?

HermanShake
    Free Member

It doesn’t matter what a suicidal attacker is wearing, if he/she wants to do that sort of thing they’ll find a way. It’s a tragedy that these things happen, but clothing choice has little to do with it.

I personally find the cultural norms of many religions to be pretty restrictive to females, however it isn’t a simple issue as it’s tied up in free choice, ethnicity, blahblahblah etc etc. My surname’s Khan before anyone gets Daily Mail at me 😉

If I was trying to conceal a set of bombers, I’d probably go for a cape. They’re all swooshy. And then I’d get “OWNED!” printed on the inside which would become visible at the point of ownership.

We need to spend less money on weapons and more on food and education. And capes.

atlaz
    Free Member

Here’s an idea. Why don’t we dress our soldiers, indeed EVERYONE in burkas too? That way nobody has any clue what the hell is going on. You could be blowing up the enemy, your mum, the hen night off out on the lash etc.

donsimon
    Free Member

I put a burka on over the weekend, I didn’t feel suicidal in the slightest.

toby1

Herman Shake, surely you realise that wearing a cape is a receipe for disaster, they get caught up easily in machinery, are hard to conceal, none of the best Superheros wear a cape!

HermanShake
    Free Member

Much like dropper seatposts, adjustable capes are key to adaptable technique. They can be kept in the up position for daily life and lowered when things get gnarly!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If I was trying to conceal a set of bombers, I’d probably go for a cape. They’re all swooshy.

You’re thinking of the old victorian villains who always wore a long cape to conceal a large round black bomb with a long fuse and the word “bomb” very helpfully written across it, aren’t you ?

They had a bit of class in them days.

Cougar

I think we’re all missing the bigger issue here, which is,

Does she still get 72 virgins / wives in paradise?

khani
    Free Member

tonyd

If I was trying to conceal a set of bombers, I’d probably go for a cape. They’re all swooshy. And then I’d get “OWNED!” printed on the inside which would become visible at the point of ownership.

Made me chuckle.

If I were to become a suicide bomber I’d probably wear a nice pair of chinos. You can always trust a man in chinos.

binners

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So we know that they dress like that because they want to.

Irony, presumably?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Irony, presumably?

No, why would it be irony ?

Edukator said : “It happened in Afghanistan. We have no idea what muslim women in Saudi Arabia think about being forced to wear the burka or not being allowed to drive, Junkyard, they can’t vote or express their views freely”.

I responded with : “Ah, I see. At least in Afghanistan they have democracy – we made certain of that. Bloody expensive in money and blood but worth it no doubt. So we know that they dress like that because they want to. The jury’s still out on Saudi Arabia though”

So now it is back in its context – which you had taken it out of Woppit, I don’t see why that suggests irony. Just the logical conclusion of Edukator’s point.

atlaz
    Free Member

ernie – well… SOME have choice in how they live their lives Some certainly don’t

Kevevs
    Free Member

nutjob crazy person blows themselves up. and you want to ban whatnow?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No atlaz, that was under the communists or the Taliban or something.

NATO has been in Afghanistan for over 10 years now sorting things out. Unlike Saudi Arabia they can “vote and express their views freely”. In fact NATO has pretty much finished doing the job and will leaving soon.

atlaz
    Free Member

Oh good. For a moment I thought **** all had changed for the majority of the population despite the number of dead on all sides

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Sometimes I'd rather not be proved right’ is closed to new replies.