Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Sometimes I'd rather not be proved right
  • Edukator
    Free Member

For some time I’ve been objecting to the burka on the basis you have no idea who or what is under the thing. Well a male wearing a burka and a lot of explosives has just blown himself up killing four French troops and injuring several others. Source: TF1

project
    Free Member

hasnt france bannedit

anagallis_arvensis

you have no idea whats under my cod piece either FFS, get a grip.

brakes
    Free Member

such inflammatory reporting.
    bomber + burka + french soldiers = BIG NEWS.
    bomber + pashmina + italian soldiers = not so big news.

Bregante

So your objection to the burkha includes the wearing of it in Afghanistan too?

This happened in a public place. Perhaps we should stop motorcyclists from wearing helmets too.

Speechless.

project
    Free Member

Perhaps we should stop motorccyclists from wearing helmets too

they are in banks and petrol stations .

Bregante

Yes but this wasn’t in a bank or a petrol station was it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

perhaps we should stop bombers? or perhaps stop invading their countries
    Has this [Burkha wearing bomber] happened in western Europe or France?
    Given the UK’s experience we should ban rucksacks

I am not sure it makes much, if any, sense to generalise from this incident to Burkha wearing in France.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t know, but I assume that the explosives weren’t strapped round his face. So I don’t why making the face visible would stop a suicide bomber.

Perhaps the solution is to make the wearing of baggy clothing illegal ?

Down with that sort of thing.

Bregante

Nudism. Perhaps that’s the answer?

MSP

I object to the burka on the basis that it subjugates the wearer, even if they are brainwashed into believing its virtue. It has no place in the modern world.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Perhaps the solution is to make the wearing of baggy clothing illegal ?

I’ve often argued that proper tailoring is the only true path world peace. Well, apart from the wearing of proper hats again.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I’d definitely ban rucksacks, always knocking into you when the owner turns round. GGGRRRRRR.

And don’t get me started on bloody umbrellas.

brakes
    Free Member

I think the OP was implying that a woman in a burkha would be less likely to be suspected of being a suicide bomber and could therefore wander around near troops without being stopped and searched.

perhaps those wearing burkhas should make their gender more evident through exposure of their gender differentiators so that any male burkha wearers would stand out.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I object to the burka on the basis that it subjugates the wearer, even if they are brainwashed into believing its virtue. It has no place in the modern world.

you are right far better you ignore their wishes, belittle them as brain washed and subjugate the midlle eastern Muslim women to wear what a western liberal non muslim male thinks is acceptable 😕

I know how much we in the west like the suggestion of the imposition of Sharia law on us so i cant see why they wont be grateful for our imposition gift of freedom on them.

monkeyboyjc

isnt this a case of ‘i’m not racist but…..

maccruiskeen

Sometimes I’d rather not be proved right

Well haven’t been proven right on this occasion so you can relax

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

a woman in a burkha would be less likely to be suspected of being a suicide bomber

Handy for the woman who are suicide bombers then.

Again, I don’t know and it’s just speculation, but I suspect that there are more female suicide bombers than there are cross dresser suicide bombers.

project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18377761

But its afganistan, where anything seems to go, not France.

pingu66
    Free Member

Mankinis!

Edukator
    Free Member

It happened in Afghanistan. We have no idea what muslim women in Saudi Arabia think about being forced to wear the burka or not being allowed to drive, Junkyard, they can’t vote or express their views freely.

brakes
    Free Member

I suspect that there are more female suicide bombers than there are cross dresser suicide bombers

I dissaprove of suicide bombers, but I will defend to the death their right to wear high heels.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I suspect that there are more female suicide bombers than there are cross dresser suicide bombers.

probably true and probably way more male suicide bombers than female, perhaps we should just ban men from public places?
    EDIT:

Junkyard, they can’t vote or express their views freely.

Is that because we failed to establish a good government when we invaded them and gave them democracy …what were we thinking of….they dont even have any oil 😯

So women cant drive in Saudi or wear the clothes they want in france. I defend neither example of the oppression of women

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It happened in Afghanistan. We have no idea what muslim women in Saudi Arabia think about being forced to wear the burka or not being allowed to drive, Junkyard, they can’t vote or express their views freely.

Ah, I see. At least in Afghanistan they have democracy – we made certain of that. Bloody expensive in money and blood but worth it no doubt. So we know that they dress like that because they want to. The jury’s still out on Saudi Arabia though.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

If you’re going to blow yourself up, why would it make a difference?

chewkw
    Free Member

Wear a burka if you are ugly otherwise no.

As for the suicide bombers don’t they know the world population is not going to decrease no matter how many they kill. Bunch of numb nuts.

If they are really suicidal then please press the nuclear button and wipe the world to kingdom come after all human are maggots … bloody infestation.

I say nuke the world now … reduce the population!

Or alternatively we nuke them to reduce their population then label them as endanger species with only say few hundreds left in the wild …

🙄

CountZero

I’ve often argued that proper tailoring is the only true path world peace. Well, apart from the wearing of proper hats again.

You could get a pretty good IED under a top hat, or even a bowler. As for a briefcase, well…

khani
    Free Member

Mankinis!

If you made me wear one of them you’d soon wish I was wearing a burka….

john_drummer
    Free Member

and not forgetting the number of poison darts you can get into an umbrella

yunki
    Free Member

I’d rather not be proved right

I really don’t think you have anything to worry about on that front petal..

from your posting history I think you’ve probably got more chance of winning the euromillions..

donsimon
    Free Member

I really don’t think you have anything to worry about on that front petal..

You’ve seen his front petal? 😯

yunki
    Free Member

fnarr fnarr.. 😀

grantway
    Free Member

Edukator – Member
    For some time I’ve been objecting to the burka on the basis you have no idea who or what is under the thing. Well a male wearing a burka and a lot of explosives has just blown himself up killing four French troops and injuring several others. Source: TF1

Don’t think to hard has thats how one of the London bombers left this country wearing a Burka
    Weird thing is I’ve been to many Muslim countries or quarters and if not only to find it worn here !

chewkw
    Free Member

grantway – Member
    Don’t think to hard has thats how one of the London bombers left this country wearing a Burka
    Weird thing is I’ve been to many Muslim countries or quarters and if not only to find it worn here !

Most don’t wear Burka except when force as in Afghanistan and those who volunteer to wear one has a twisted mind …

grantway
    Free Member

chewkw – Member
    Most don’t wear Burka except when force as in Afghanistan and those with a twisted thinking …

Great

chewkw
    Free Member

grantway – Member

Most don’t wear Burka except when force as in Afghanistan and those with a twisted thinking …

Great

Footie is on …

grantway
    Free Member

LOL Thanks for the Heads up ! chewkw 😉

Northwind

Odds of conversation between Grantway and Chewkw becoming absolutely incomprehensible?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Nonsense. Chewkw always makes perfect sense to me.

I treat his insightful muses as treasured pearls of wisdom which he honours us by sharing.

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

I don’t think edukator needs worry too much.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Sometimes I'd rather not be proved right’ is closed to new replies.