Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • solaris with a lefty
  • J273
    Free Member

I’ve contacted cotic but being the weekend I’m not expecting a reply until Monday.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to fit a standard lefty fork on a solaris? The gap between the 2 clamps is 140mm.

Has anyone seen any pics of a lefty on a solaris?

thanks

kelvin

I think there’s one on http://www.cotic.cc

cynic-al
    Free Member

No head tube length on the website?

kelvin

Ah, ’twas a Simple, but that’s the same geom and headtube as the Solaris:

http://cotic.cc/simple-goes-left

There’s an old Soul with Lefty on there as well:

http://cotic.cc/soul-with-lefty

mrmoofo

The head-tube lengths are on the site …

slackalice
    Free Member

AFAIK, you’ll be requiring a Lefty For All which includes clamps and steerer tube, the standard version requires an overall head tube and headset dim of < 137mm. I think there is an XL version that is 163mm, so that would be the one you would need, with one or two spacers.

Lefty for all linky

🙂

J273
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve got a lefty PBR 90mm at the minute and a project 321 steerer. checking the geo and a headset I don’t think it’ll fit so as you mention ill need an XL lefty so it looks like the solaris is no good to me which is a shame.

I’m sure I’ve seen a pic of one with a standard lefty maybe wrong though.

amplebrew

You just need one of these from Qwerty Cycles.

Qwerty pretty much know everything that’s worth knowing about Lefty forks are are really helpful.

I’ve got a Lefty on my Mosaic Mt-1 which has a 100mm headtube.

J273
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve a project 321 steerer same as what you’ve linked to. It’s just the length of the head tube on the frame which is the problem, with a headset fitted it won’t fit between the 2 clamps on the lefty fork.

well I don’t think it will anyway

amplebrew

What size Solaris are you looking at?

A medium has a 100mm head tube which is the same as my Mosaic. If you’re looking at a medium up then there should be no issues. Even a small has a 95mm headtube, so only 5mm difference.

Here is a pic of mine with the 100mm head tube running a 2013 Cannondale Lefty 100 Carbon XLR 100mm and Lefty-4-All steerer.

IMG_0060 by Ample Brew, on Flickr

IMG_0050 by Ample Brew, on Flickr

IMG_0052 by Ample Brew, on Flickr

J273
    Free Member

Thanks amplebrew….I’m a dumbass was reading the wrong geo. looks like it will fit. I’m 5.11 so would be a medium I’d of thought.

Thanks all

slackalice
    Free Member

Very nice Amplebrew 🙂

I’d love a Lefty fork!

Im looking forward to the time I can afford to get a Lefty onto my Hummer :D. It was to be this winter, however Ive become sidetracked on another bike project instead!!

amplebrew

J273 – Member
    Thanks amplebrew….I’m a dumbass was reading the wrong geo. looks like it will fit. I’m 5.11 so would be a medium I’d of thought.

Thanks all

Cool 8)

slackalice – Member
    Very nice Amplebrew

I’d love a Lefty fork!

Im looking forward to the time I can afford to get a Lefty onto my Hummer :D. It was to be this winter, however Ive become sidetracked on another bike project instead!!

It rides really well and I like having something a bit different. I’ve just bought a negative rise stem to go on it, but haven’t got around to fitting it yet.

LLOYDSTEVENS
    Free Member

Hi guys, Just to let you know that we will be getting the Lefty 4 All steerers back in stock this week. STW10 discount code will get you 10% off all orders. Unfortunately there is going to be a big price hike on the Lefty Forks for 2014 of around £200!! Lloyd At Qwerty.

slackalice
    Free Member

Am with you with the ‘different’ requirement! If I may ask, why a negative rise stem, when you could presumably swap the spacer’s to above the existing stem?

To now be aware of a 10% discount is quite frankly just unfair! Although a quick look suggests that my requirement of a 120 – 130mm travel 26″ version is no longer? Or can the 29″ 90mm Lefty be converted by removing spacers? Anyone please?

amplebrew

J273 – There is an earlier thread with Leftied Cotic Simple, have a look here.

slackalice – Member
    Am with you with the ‘different’ requirement! If I may ask, why a negative rise stem, when you could presumably swap the spacer’s to above the existing stem?

The clamps around the fork leg are bonded in place,so the spacers are needed to make up the difference. The only way to lower the front is to fit a negative rise stem. I think the clamps could be adjusted on the older models.

J273
    Free Member

If you can find a low stack stem you can run that under the top clamp to get the bars low.

I currently use a -20 stem from an epic to bring the bars down on my current bike.

slackalice
    Free Member

Of course!! The clamps are set at 137mm spacing. I’m with you. Thanks

amplebrew

J273 – Member
    If you can find a low stack stem you can run that under the top clamp to get the bars low.

I currently use a -20 stem from an epic to bring the bars down on my current bike.

I’ve only got 20mm of spacers below the top clamp, so that wouldn’t be an option for me. I’ve picked up a +/- 10 Thomson stem, so was going to run it in the – 10 position.

slackalice – Member
    Of course!! The clamps are set at 137mm spacing. I’m with you. Thanks

That’s cool 8)

When I get around to it, I’ll fit one 20mm spacer to tidy it up rather than have the four 5mm spacers.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘solaris with a lefty’ is closed to new replies.