Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)
  • So who's playing GT5 then?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Got it for Christmas, only have a couple of the amateur events left.

Forza Motorsport 3 on the XBox FTW.

rOcKeTdOg

on and off, level 14 atm

Creg

been playing it for a couple of weeks

L18 at the moment

molgrips
    Free Member

What was your first car then?

Creg

Hyundai Coupe/Tiburon

rOcKeTdOg

toyota Yaris

slartybartfast
    Free Member

Level 15 on A spec and 19 on B spec, but gone back to playing forza 3.
    First car was Honda Civic.

molgrips
    Free Member

I got a Honda Beat K car that weighs 650kg or something, it’s now got 125bhp and is quite hard to keep on the road now. I did use it to win the Japanese 90s car series tho 🙂

Can you play this online or what?

GW
    Free Member

Yeah, Got it the day of release (Tesco’s release day deal was too good to pass up).
    It’s prob the most frustrating game ever made with it’s horribly slow and tedious multi menu system, add to that playing it on 2 PS3s to level 16+ each before they finally released a patch to allow copying of the game save, am now at L19, passed all license challenges and completed upto expert (I think) but rarely play PS3.
    I’m clueless about cars so can’t even remember what my first cars were, must have 70+ of them now but TBH hate the whole choosing/ modding cars part of the game.

😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I like the modding part. You can either race stock if you want to really test yourself, or just keep coming second and third until you have enough money to improve your car. It makes a good handicap system I think. And it gets less important later in the game and real driving skill becomes more important.

Drac

Me but not played for weeks too busy. Need to get back into it.

steveh

I’ve done quite a lot but reached a bit of a wall. Level 21 in the pro series events. There’s a 2 race series I need to win to get to level 22 and then be able to buy proper race cars. You’re up against proper race cars but can’t have one yourself it seems. Can’t be bothered repeating lots of races to earn money to try and do it either.

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone want an online race then?

GW
    Free Member

steveh – you now get Exp points for any race you do, even online races/seasonal events, just keep racing random events and you’ll eventually get to L22.. or you could just ask to borrow a mates car 😉

GW
    Free Member

Molgrips – mibbie, What track/car do you wanna race? and what’s your PSN ID?

santacruzsi
    Free Member

i have it and online (although not right now!) my user id is ‘mistersi’ if anyone wants to add me.

GrandWazooo
    Free Member

had it since the day of release and am up to level 21 – got 2 licences on S to complete and I’m done
    have just been farming credits with b-spec for a week or so though to rest my slight case of bankers wrist – got a couple of mil to spend now and about 50 unused car tickets.

To be honest I am underwhelmed and once I get bored I will probably go back to NFS:Shift – if I could manage to unlock the TopGear track it would revitalize the game – but I keep getting silver in the blasted VDubs, as its a big part of why I wanted GT5 having it locked like that is starting to p me off

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m molgrips.

And I’ll show you who’s clueless! 😉 Don’t care what I race. Not got any racing cars yet tho, or much that’s particularly fast tho. We can race K cars if you have one, I’ll win that 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I have the top gear track – what did I do that you didn’t?

GW
    Free Member

to win the VW camper challenge, overtake inside every corner (except the 2nd tight coned lefthander, where you brake late on the outside to pass)and never touch the brake. HTH

GW
    Free Member

What’s a K car? 😕

molgrips
    Free Member

K car is a very small sub 700kg or something Japanese car. There’s a K car challenge in the beginner events. They are good fun to drive.

GrandWazooo
    Free Member

K car – tiny jap citycar – there is a list of models that you can use.

I think I might have another go at the TG track this eve – I can get silver quite reliably but gold eludes me.

molgrips
    Free Member

You gonna add me GW? Who are you?

GW
    Free Member

GrandW – I’ve got gold on all TG challenges, you need to know just how much you can scrap with the other cars without being DQ’d, it’s quite random at times (but the same in each situation, if you get me) you def need to drive aggressively. I found the Elise TG challenge far harder then the others, but much more fun !! 😀

added you molgrips

molgrips
    Free Member

Wikkid, my first ps3 friend 🙂

takisawa2

Racing games are boring. Who’s for some xbox GTA free-mode silliness…?
    🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

This is a PS3 only thread!

Dansk1

Camper vans on Top Gear track isn’t even a game, it’s punishment.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

only for the last couple of days. Lvl16. Just won some races on expert lvl in a really fast Nissan.
    Fun game, i’ll have a race car within days 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

Haven’t played since before christmas, but currently at lvl24 in A-Spec and finally got a Formula GT (the “I win” car for open races). It was getting a bit stale but I’ll no doubt get back into it at some point.

molgrips
    Free Member

I seem to remember from playing GT3 that the full length races with proper racing cars were seriously gruelling.

halfbee
    Free Member

LVL 17, I just in it to buy cars to pull birds in…

billybob
    Free Member

I’m intrigued by GT5 – will this version allow you to crash your car into a wall & not get a scratch? I’ve always thought it odd the self proclaimed most realistic driving game would let you smack into a wall at 50 mph & drive off without a scratch.

molgrips
    Free Member

Come on guys the Forza 3 thread has more posts already 🙂

Bob, apparently crash damage is enabled when you get to the higher levels. Not there myself mind 🙂

Forza has instant crash damage – I screwed my VX220 so badly the other day that it was pulling to the left and I had to compensate for the remainder of the race.

lazybike
    Free Member

Who’s using what in the muscle car race? I’ve been using the 440 cuda, can’t finish any higher than 7th.

molgrips
    Free Member

From the Amateur series?

I try to get cars that double up as much as possible, so I wanted one that would do for the supercar race too. I went for the Stingray thinking that it looked the better handler. Did the cheap upgrades to get another 60bhp and proper handling, and cruised home.

billybob
    Free Member

Am seriously tempted – currently playing Dead Space – not sure how much more of that my nerves can take!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘So who's playing GT5 then?’ is closed to new replies.