Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • So where have you all been or going riding this weekend??
  • transapp
    Free Member

Lovely ride in the Quantocks (first time for me). Need another few trips there, not sure what’s taken me so long to get my arse there as I work with 15miles of them! Underestimated the challange of the ride as well as my decreased level of fitness. Efforts must be made.

iomnigel
    Free Member

Manx End to End. 56th from 1300 (ish) starters

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No riding this weekend for me. 🙁

Unless you count helping the folks at Stonehenge Cycles identify a creak in a customer’s Canyon full bouncer. Yes, we know it’s got a Reverb, it’s not that impressive, you know. Oh, and yes, we can tell it’s not the saddle or post that’s creaking…! (It was the rear wheel, so in to the workshop it went!)

Lovely little orange Cotic in there at the same time as well.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

A 38 mile/4000+ft route around northern edge of the Dark Peak yesterday, not a tech ride mostly, being a mixture of road, BW, and the Yorkshire CycleWay. My mate on a cross bike and me on my old Mount Vision. It transpired that at any given point at least one of us was on the most impractical bike for the occasion! 😆 His laughing at me struggling on long road climbs was rewarded by me wetting myself at his face as he attempted some rather eroded, loose, rocky and pretty steep BW sections.

Today was a nice little 20 mile loop around the local area on the Wolf Ridge before a cheeky pint at the pub.

A good weekend riding then 🙂

maxray
    Free Member

Good work iomnigal!

mogrim

Went up the Bola del Mundo on my road bike, sore legs now!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Have a nice steak for dinner to help you “recover”.

Taff
    Free Member

Went up to Queen Liz today, not ridden there in ages and was a major difference. Enjoyed it more so as been off the bike for the last month due to illness

brakes
    Free Member

I did 11 laps of Regent’s Park this morning all Strava’d up.
    30 miles, average speed of 19mph which isn’t bad considering the 4 sets of traffic lights on the loop.
    I know, I know, but it’s still riding a bike 😀

coastkid
    Free Member

Saturday to the beach with a good friend for good banter, scenery and coffee and cake 🙂
    Saturday half day ride…

Easy 3 hours on a Sunday morning… 🙂

Easy on a Sunday Morning…

nathaneddy
    Free Member

Toured historic churches in Suffolk by bike to raise money for the Suffolk Historic Churches Trust.
    😐

anotherbike
    Free Member

nathaneddy  – Member Toured historic churches in Suffolk by bike to raise money for the Suffolk Historic Churches Trust.

Sounds good to me. Riding and History Good job 🙂

jedi

i have been sleeping outdoors at herts since friday. riding and drinking beer around the fire. bliss

valleydaddy
    Free Member

the M4 on a Friday night ride that was the Brecon Beast today 😯

rOcKeTdOg

local NW Alps type stuff this weekend

the Ian’s gone missing ride by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

rOcKeTdOg

Refound my cycling mojo whilst doing a 55k pootle round the lanes of south Birmingham/stratford.

local or visiting?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Well done! I watched the race highlights last night and it looked completely evil. The top hill-climbers in the world were reduced to jelly.

alibongo001

Not particularly “Shredding the Gnar”, but had a lovely family ride with my kids (6 and 11) along the planets ride at York.

A nice way to spend a couple of hours whilst Mrs Bongo had a look around the shops at York.

Great family ride on the flat (little legs dont like hills!) with the added interest of a scale model of the planets to break the 7 ish miles up for the little ones.

All bathed in sunshine.

Obviously I am not jealous of talk of proper rides with hills and trail centres etc on here!

If you have kids and want to go for a ride with them I would recommend the planets ride

ononeorange

Local singlespeed hack on Friday evening to try to blast out chest infection – I think it worked. Lots of post-ride coughing and then much clearer.

On Saturday Mrs O and I had one of the rides of the year from Stoke Row via Mongewell Woods (in the West Chilterns) along the brilliant singletrack on top of Grim’s Ditch and back via Ipsden and Satwell Woods (found an excellent track down from Nuffield which I’d always ridden in the “wrong” direction before); on Sunday we spent the day doing the garden I had a quick local evening loop via Chenies and Flaunden. I almost cleaned the one local slope that I can never do, but span out on a step. Re-started though and then cleaned it.

Perfect weekend.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Been playing in the hills around Monchique this weekend.
    lifts to the top & descending all day.
    a sweet mix of super grippy igneous rock and dusty singletrack with man made features. By god the Portugeuse like a ‘huck to flat 😀

Sandwich

No riding for me. I watched the local MAMILs out in Maghera. THere was Bushmills whiskey drinking on Saturday though, which was nice. (The woman poring coke into single malt was a bit shocking though in an HE Bateman way).

brooess
    Free Member

Surrey Hills and it was ace.
    Dusty trails, not too busy and found some ace new stuff which came with added extra free grins 🙂

mogrim

Well done! I watched the race highlights last night and it looked completely evil. The top hill-climbers in the world were reduced to jelly.

Yeah, but they’d been up 3 other big climbs before hand! I did ride up from the bottom, from 900m->2250m, hard enough. Whichever way you do it, I don’t recommend it on a road bike, the cement’s in a fairly poor state, and riding back down it wasn’t much fun. (That’s only the last/first 3km, the descent from Puerto de Navecerrada is excellent, fast curves with good asphalt!)

No steak for dinner, alas.

atlaz
    Free Member

I did just short of 100 miles in the Vosges on the road bike. In hindsight, the first day 100km, in 30 degree heat, with just under twice as much climbing as I’ve ever done on a single ride was a bit optimistic. That said, struggling up to the top of a mountain for 14km then having 16km of hooning down the other side was worth every bit of it.

Beautiful place to ride a road bike and great for a mountain bike.

slinkybike
    Free Member

A few hrs on the flat tracks at the you yangs in Melbourne trying to find my MTB legs again.

cookeaa

Racing at Aston Hill Sunday.

Poor result but lots of loose, dusty riding fun, Enjoyed it… 😀

goldenwonder
    Free Member

NDCXL on sat, working Sunday so no chance for riding both days sadly

eyerideit
    Free Member

23 miles of exploring / finding trials / getting lost / dead ends and ending up in holy bushes and various other spiky undergrowth in Epping forest yesterday. A fantastic way to kill a few hours.

I also learned that putting 100psi in each chamber of your pikes means you’re more or less riding to very heavy rigid forks 😳

chris_db
    Free Member

26 miles round Wharfedale from Otley, Middleton, Round Hill, Lippersley, Timble, down the Washburn, Leathley and back up the Wharfe into Otley.

Only saw one other rider, in a bog on Round Hill!

All I need to do now is keep it up and lose a couple of stone and I’ll probably get round a bit quicker.

fathomer

50 miles on the road bike Saturday between Leicester and Rutland, longest ride I’ve done this year, then went to the speedway for the first time on Saturday night, quite enjoyed it.

25ish miles off road on Sunday around south Derbyshire with a friend. Good weekend to honest.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Did llandegla, with the masts and Worlds End extension in the glorious sunshine on Saturday
    Crackin

weeble
    Free Member

Rode the Beast, Minor Taur and Tarw Ddu trails at CYB on Saturday and Pont Scethin loop yesterday

teamslug
    Free Member

Did the Holme Valley Challenge. Fun at start and especially when someone thought a shortcut thru a massive puddle just as we turned onto moors would be a good idea. Big cheer as he went over bars and disappeared into muddy DEEP water. Bloody big hills but a lot of road. Knackered at end…33.5 miles 3 hours 3 mins. A big thanks to organisers and volunteers for a very well run event.

franki
    Free Member

Rode the XC trail at Hopton yesterday.
    Mightily impressed! 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well no biking.. nope but lots of paddleboarding at the National Watersports Festival (formerly the Windsurfing Festival) on Hayling Island.
    No wind all day Sat but no swell either so flat paddling in boardies and a grin, Sunday a bit fuzzy headed from the party and again blinkin hot and no wind, so paddled a bit then crashed on the beach until the clouds came, then home.. knackered.

sefton
    Free Member

around 35 miles of 3pcx training around winterhill/rivington

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Chamonix on Saturday, then the final day of lifts in Morzine/Les Gets Sunday…

packing up the bike shop today 🙁

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Went here. Sierra de Lijar.

[video]http://vimeo.com/43693096[/video]

🙂

andymc06
    Free Member

Garburn Pass for the first time on Thursday and Gisburn on Saturday. Grand! 😀

turbo1397
    Free Member

Did the black then the red at glentress.. needed to get some miles in.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘So where have you all been or going riding this weekend??’ is closed to new replies.