Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • So Sparky has gone to be replaced by Mancini
  • geoffj

Sad day. As a Red he is one of my heroes. Not nice to see him sacked.

Makes you question how the hell Benitez has held onto his job as well!

billybob
    Free Member

I think they can't afford to pay bene off, disgusting really, only had 18 months to turn the club around. I remember the in retrospect the fantastic decision ManUtd made, NOT sacking Taggart, would be nice to keep faith until the summer.

Gary_C

+1

Sad indeed,even though he left my club to join City,still hold him in high regard.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

If player power got him out, he's better off out of it.

zaskar
    Free Member

It was owner power that got him out.

Thing is he spent uber loads but it still takes a while to get the team right.

It's not if they are in the relegation levels.

He probably knew what was happening anyway.

Utd's next manager?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

It's pretty daft really. They've lost two games in the league – United have lost 5, Chelsea 3. Zaskar's right about owner power. They expect a quick fix, a miracle, where in the majority of cases chopping and changing the manager every year or so rarely delivers success. I can't see how Mancini – no experience of the English game – is going to make much of a difference. What will happen if he spunks a load of cash in January and they finish 5th or worse?

In Benetiz's case, you could argue that Liverpool have made pretty steady progress over the last few years, to the point where they pushed Utd very close for the title last year. The wheels do seem to have come off a bit recently though although I still admire his fondness of a good rant 😀 I don't think Liverpool can afford to sack him anyway.

Strangelove
    Free Member

City are lying in 6th place in the premiership which isnt bad and it seems a bit harsh to sack someone for that level of underachievement.
    I dont think it is player power as Rusty suggested, it is owner power. Sheikh Mansour has spent an awful lot of money and wants wins not 8 draws in 11 matches.
    Personally i dont think they should ever have got rid of Sven.

deserter
    Free Member

balls,I want a British manager

hope we don't have years of chopping and changing

Philby

The only thing Man City will ever win is the "let's make ourselves a the laughing stock of football" title, and managing to beat Newcastle and my team, Leeds, into the top spot despite heroic efforts of Mike Ashley and Ken Bates.

In all the years I have followed football, Man City's current position is probably at or near the best it has ever been with a real chance of making the Champions League, or if not the Europa Cup, and also of getting to Wembley in a cup final. Sacking Mark Hughes and replacing him with Mancini is a complete risk and the timing is appalling as Mancini will not be in a knowledgeable position about the strengths and weaknesses of his own side to buy and sell effectively in the transfer window.

This is another example of owners who know **** all about football trying to assert their power and authority onto a business that trangresses the normal rules of business and management.

billybob
    Free Member

To be honest, everyone knows City's weakness is the defence, Toure & Lescott both look like they need a leader he shouldn't've got rid of Dunne.

However with the money at their disposal your never sure who is behind the deals, when they signed Robinho apparently sparky was on the golf course. The only players that are definitely ones he wanted are Bellamy & Sat Nav Cruise, I can pretty much guarantee that Bellamy's form will drop off now & Santa Cruz won't get another game & both will leave in Jan.

IHN

What Philby said

gazman
    Free Member

totally disgusted in the way they have treated him, he knew before the game started and he still carried on as normal he should be glad to get away if thats how they are treated there, wonkers

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

What man city need is david bentley – please someone take him off our hands – thanks Juande.

As for the decision re hughes- ridiculous. 6th in the table game in hand- europe a possibility.

As a spurs fan i empathise with the constant chopping and changing worries. hughes' sacking reminds me of jol's. Football decisions made by idiots.

Compare with man utd. 2 years into his reign the fans were baying for sir alex's head. I imagine those same fans can now see the benefits of continuity and backing your manager. And remember man u were very much also rans in the 70's and 80's

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Mind you City were appalling at WHL!

trailmonkey

they need a leader he shouldn't've got rid of Dunne.

Very true. In the merry go rond of centre half transfers that took place in deadline week, Villa definately got the best deal, although in fairness to Hughes, who could have predicted that Lescott would be in such poor form.

What struck me more than anything yesterday was the complete delusion of the City fans who were ambivalent to the departure of Hughes, dissapointed with the appointment of Mancini and expectant of the arrival of Mourinho. They really have become the new Newcastle.

Coyote
    Free Member

Lescott looked good at Everton, big fish – small pond scenario. He also had Moyes as a manager who in my opinion is one of the best in the premiership. Sparky needed a good run. You can't just buy good players and expect them to gel just like that. It takes time to build the squad mentality.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘So Sparky has gone to be replaced by Mancini’ is closed to new replies.