Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • So long and thanks for all the fish (Recession content)
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Thats it, as of April I’m feking off to Australia (Karratha) See you when its all over.

🙂

GrahamS

Karratha? Blimey, I hope you like the quiet life!

Good on you.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Quiet life = 60hour week

molgrips
    Free Member

Doing what?

psychle
    Free Member

mining I would guess… that’s about the only thing to do in Karratha! oh, and drink a lot 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

nope, PLUTO LNG, a great big gas refinery, hooked up to a gigantic fridge.

IanMunro
    Free Member

The bloke from Comet did mine in about 2 minutes.

molgrips
    Free Member

Let me know if they need any programmers.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

hmmmm, think he’d struggle with this one. We’re looking at 2 years i think (im scheduled there for 7 months, hopefully a bit longer as the pays good, and would be nice to come back just as the housing market bottoms out)

imagine the black radiator on the back of your fridge.

now make it a few meters thick

raise it on stilts

pretty much cover the top of something the size of a medium sized village.

wwaswas

is it a cunning aussie plan to reverse global warming?

sofatester
    Free Member

No, it’s too keep there tinnies cool.

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

Are you building it or running it,There has been a few lads from the refinery went out there to work I believe the town was only built because of the refinery

glenh
    Free Member

You disgusting foreigner taking the jobs away from hard working Australian people.

footflaps

isn’t ‘hard working Australian people’ an oxymoron?

psychle
    Free Member

great fishing there mate, it’s really the only thing to do apart from drink (actually, most people combine the 2 🙂 )

Spanish Mackeral, Coral Trout, Barramundi, Mangrove Jacks… oh so many hard fighting sportsfish to catch (and superb eating as well!). I love the Kimberley 🙂

nickc

A range of hotel, motel and B&B accommodation is available for visitors. The town has restaurants, two night clubs and a cinema. New establishments proposed or under construction include a bowling alley, gentlemen’s club, Karratha Tavern and Mermaid Hotel. Karratha also has KFC, Subway, McDonalds and Chicken Treat.

From Wikipedia’s entry about Karratha…2 hotels, a McDondalds?… 🙄

andylaightscat
    Free Member

you gotta eat…….something

scuttler

In your time off get yourself a 4×4 and go up exploring the Kimberley. Along the Gibb River Road and up to Mitchell and Drysdale Rivers. Then down to Purnululu (Bungles) and wherever from there. Try watching the film Wolf Creek first for extra excitement.

Then there’s Ningaloo Reef down at Exmouth. Not been but heard lots of nice things. WA is chuffin enormous but I’m sure you’ve worked this out.

Enjoy it – I’m sure it won’t be easy but it’ll certainly be different. Spent 5 months on a mountain in the Rockies once and I did go slightly mental…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘So long and thanks for all the fish (Recession content)’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM