Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 404 total)
  • So I bought a Defender PT3
  • wool

Yup been done up like a kipper, thanks to Mr (John) Ryan Stott of Bespoke Defenders LTD Bacup / Rossendale now trading as Land Rover Restoration LTD on the Sidings Industrial Estate.
    Its your money don’t lose it like i did.

spooky_b329

So are you without cash or vehicle?

I know your claim is stronger if the vehicle is with him, but if it’s looking so bleak you’ve written off the cash, at least collect the vehicle?

You started this thread just after I spent a similar sum on a van sold privately, in cash so even less protection, thankfully it turned out OK after some electrical gremlins were sorted under warranty.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Can you not take the original one back now? Better than nothing and leaves you to persue the claim too (I’d assume).

bearnecessities

What an absolute shit of a man.

So sorry to hear about this Wool. I wish I had some good advice or the money to cover this for you and hope the wife’s not too distraught. Fingers crossed you manage to get back to a better financial footing sooner than you’ve estimated.

PePPeR

I keep saying, go back to your bank and get a chargeback done on the money!

They will just return your money, whether it drives him into the red or not.

Go and bloody do it!

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

He’ll wrap the business up, looks like he’s only been going 5 minutes.
    Have you spoken to your bank?
    What’s the value of the td5 to what he owes you?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Holy Crap..

Feel sorry for you 😐

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Is it this guy?
    https://twitter.com/bespokedefender
    He’s not tweeted since Jan and has no website?

RustyNissanPrairie

I did ask if he was in Rossendale.

trail_rat
    Free Member

You need some mates with irish plate.

Prick deserves everything coming to him for this ! You wont be the first

pedromichael
    Free Member

Wool, I have been searching for information on this firm and individual. He’s had me to. Proper rogue! Can you private message me….

slackalice
    Free Member

Very sorry to learn of your experience OP. Whilst I’m generally a pacifist, with that amount of money involved and a genuine reluctance from the dealer to even consider returning your money, I would be rounding up a few of my larger framed and not-so-ethical acquaintances and a box.

The box contains baseball bats and a hessian sack and gaffer tape. However, the bats are only to be used to imply. The dealer would be encouraged to don the sack over his head before his wrists are taped and then taken for a long drive. The implication of imminent serious physical harm is a very effective method for ensuring the desired outcome.

Often scaring the sh1t out of someone who deserves it becomes a useful resource.

Anon.

wool

£12,500 down with no option to borrow anymore. Not in good place atm

monde
    Free Member

Presume this is the bloke. Still posting pics of a fancy LR only a couple of days ago.

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.stott.566

Business listed as trotters traders on his facebook???

wool

pedromichael You don’t seam to have an email in your profile

wool

Yup that’s him on facebook

mt
    Free Member

he favorite quote is interesting.

pedromichael
    Free Member

Peter@cheshiremodels.co.uk

garage-dweller

Wool

The earlier company Bespoke Defenders Ltd is still technically speaking live at companies house, also there are some differences in addresses for the new company albeit one could be residential.

Have you had notice of an insolvency process? If so what’s in it?

wool

No notice of insolvency as far as i am aware

RustyNissanPrairie

grab your TD5 back and buy a galv chassis from Marsland/Richards. Forum group effort can have it swapped in a weekend.

Riksbar

Good call RNP!

wool

Tried that,my TD5 is in bits. in his workshop

ScottChegg
    Free Member

EDIT

That’s crap. When it’s back together are you having it?

wool

Not sure what to do he has all the docs, been had with the bounced and then the stopped check.

RustyNissanPrairie

Grab the 130ambi then. Pulse 130’s are worth decent money (check Foley SV).

trail_rat
    Free Member

This guys having a laugh.

Needs his knees broken.

muddodger
    Free Member

Jesus, I’ve been keeping tabs on this thread since it started and it gets worse.
    can’t imagine how you’re feeling to be honest. If he cancelled the cheque but has the TD5 then surley that’s theft and the police can get involved.
    Sounds like it’s not the first time he’s done it.

I once got done with an older discovery, cost about 3k so nothing like you paid. Once we’d picked it up driven it we found it would randomly briefly cut out, and the steering was so vague it was dangerous.
    We took it back the following day saying it was too big for my wife to drive and managed to get something else, by which time this other car had increased in value by 1k from the day before, we made the mistake of phoning first.
    Actually turned outto be a good car, although it was treated like crap for over 2 years. Hope your situation gets better soon.

falkirk-mark

Yes surely if you own the car (in bits or not the insolvency should not matter as he has your property at his premises to fix) as has been said get car and chase the rest of the cash later.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Wool, If your TD5 is in bits, could you not get a van and get said bits and swap the chassis over. If its in bits sounds like 1/2 the job is done?

RustyNissanPrairie

If some little shit had £12.5k of my money with the chance of losing the lot if he goes under, I’d rustle up some mates, screwdriver the locks out of whatever he has sat in his yard and taking it as collateral.

wool

If you can get into the yard, it took some negotiation just to get him to stop talking to me trough the massive steel gates he has on the Sidings Industrial Estate.

bigbloke
    Free Member

This whole thread fills me with rage. How the hell can somebody get away with this???!!!!

RustyNissanPrairie

Knowing how much effort and sweat £12.5k is for me to earn, I’d either be upto my eyeballs legally or I’d be down there with a Stihl saw cutting the gates/locks off. Certainly wouldnt be a month down the road without either money, LR or a plan in place.
    Sorry but going in with your kids makes you a soft touch in his eyes hence why he’s still mugging you off.

As much as I love LR’s and I restore them myself (but not commercially) I hate the crime wave that follows them and that I alluded to in the other ‘I bought a defender thread’.

There are two places that I would recommend someone buy a LR from (not from anyone in the rossendale valley), but with either I would still insist on going with the buyer to check every nut and bolt over.

wool

Ryan Stott has some neck, My understanding is that I am not the only one he has defrauded over at Bespoke Defenders & Land Rover Restorations the Sidings Bacup.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Ryan Stott has some neck, My understanding is that I am not the only one he has defrauded over at Bespoke Defenders & Land Rover Restorations the Sidings Bacup.

Wool. With the greatest respect, this guy won’t give a shit if you keep bad mouthing him online. As RNP says, you need to get a firm plan in place which doesn’t include slights on an Internet forum. Police would be my first port of call tomorrow morning.

wool

Well I am resigned to to the fact that the cash has gone as has the Defender. So I am determined to make sure he can’t con anyone else. I will call the police again in the morning but it got me absolutely nowhere last time,
    I am not slighting him just stating the truth.

PePPeR

Wool, get talking to your bank and get a chargeback done it has to be done within 120 days, you can get your money back!

wool

chargeback?? we did a bank transfer to pay, thought it was lost??

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Thought”

Even if there was a slight hint of a chance id be down the bank speaking to them !

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 404 total)

The topic ‘So I bought a Defender PT3’ is closed to new replies.