Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 404 total)
  • So I bought a Defender PT3
  • hora
    Free Member

His eBay a/c etc could this be PSA’d on Pistonheads and any landy forums etc? I can’t even imagine how awful this is 🙁

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I swear I am reading a different thread to bearnecessities.

All I can see is a couple of forum members who have experience in renovating these cars offering their opinion. Then being told they’re idiots, so understandably getting a bit defensive. It should be noted this bit doesn’t even involve the OP, as it is accepted a bent chassis is unacceptable. However a leaky sunroof seems to be par for the course on these vehicles.

At no point has anyone defended the perpetrator, unless I missed it?

As for prodding to death for updates. User posts intriguing story, gets forum involved then vanishes, so I think it’s just human nature to know what happened next. And by happen next we all are hoping Wool gets his cash back.

But then again, having been on the receiving end of Bear’s misplaced righteous indignation, I guess we just see things differently.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I am not accepting one with a bent chassis

But it would have been very slightly better than no cash and no car.

From where I’m sitting, anyway.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tbh the only updates i want to see are wool getting his money back.

Not interested in a leaking sun roof – thats a factory fit leak. Imsure theres a check sheet for the leak on the pdi “ensure sun roof leak present ”

wwaswas

But it would have been very slightly better than no cash and no car.

From where I’m sitting, anyway.

It does seem wool has come out of this with a lot less than some others.

It’s a sad thing that there are people who will steal money from others under the guise of doing business and rely on the victims being nice decent people who can’t believe they’re being ripped off until it’s too late.

mot365
    Free Member

Thing is Wwaswas. Wool was given a cheque when he took it back and thought all was well. He wasn’t to know that the little shit was going to stop it.

The fact is, and we have all now come to this conclusion, no matter what way you approach Stott to buy one of his vehicles, his agenda is 100% to con you for the money. He is a certified thief. The car is only the bait, he has no real intention of giving you anything for your money if he can get away with it. That is why eBay is a good scam for him. He will ask for a deposit to hold the vehicle for you and then you will hear SFA ; Job done as far as he is concerned. If you then chase him for it, and in some cases, travel miles to see your vehicle, that’s when he blatantly stands in front of you with a pile of shit which you have now no option but to buy, either that, loose your large deposit. He puts you in a rock in a hard place. He is blatant and arrogant and one day he will be stopped. I am sure of that.

wwaswas

I’m on your side mot365 – Stott relied on someone trusting him and then abused that trust.

It’s called a confidence (con) trick because the first thing you do is gain someone’s confidence in you and then you reel them in.

Tiger6791

So what happened here then 😯

Wool, as ever hope you get it sorted and get some money back.

pictonroad

Not interested in a leaking sun roof – thats a factory fit leak. Imsure theres a check sheet for the leak on the pdi “ensure sun roof leak present “

I was lucky enough to attend a Range Rover launch day on a jolly. We were ferried around in some 110 station wagons. I sat in the back seat of one and there were rust streaks on the inside, it had 40 miles on it. I asked how this was possible, you may be right.

I suspect that the factory isn’t water tight either because I’m sure that (dry) day was the vehicle’s first outing!

rogerbison
    Free Member

I am new on here but have been watching for a while after I found this when searching on Stott”s name. I have been in touch with some of the “victims” on here and can unfortunately add myself to the list.
    I think my tale really does prove his intentions.

I initially contacted Stott about a vehicle advertised on ebay, he said it was just sold and could offer me another that he was just starting to re-furbish. We agreed specs and I paid a 10% deposit. I now know that the just sold vehicle was one of the ones under discussion here and had been sold for some time.

Several deadlines were missed and finally he demanded the full balance although the vehicle was not finished by his own admission.

My reply was that I would pay upon completion and after inspection if satisfied.

Two hours later he listed the vehicle on ebay and I have never heard from him again despite my attempts at contacting him.

Take from that what you will.

Mine was the green heritage on ebay at present.

wwaswas

Most tellign thing abotu a search for his name;

Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe. Learn more

he’s obviously got history he doesn’t want disclosed – the only info about him in the public domain is his facebook page and info from Companies House.

I wonder how long it is until he asks for this thread to be excluded from the google results – it’ll be difficult for people to find out his history if he asks for any reference to be expunged from search engines.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

That comes up on every Google search for a name that you do.

mot365
    Free Member

My Video is on YouTube and has now had 274 views. Was put up on Sunday.In the detail I have put his new company name and eBay ID I don’t think anything has been removed from Google search it is only in the last three months we have all come together and spoken out. I may me wrong though.

mot365
    Free Member

The best way to contact eBay is to copy the link below into a new browser window. You may need to sign in with your eBay username.
    http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/cuhome

When in click on “buying” Then click on other buying proplems then click on report and item or listing violation, this will bring up item you have looking at or have bought. Click on the appropriate item and then tell them the problem. Make sure you give them his ID just to make sure they have it.

mot365
    Free Member

Here is another way to report on eBay

Fiona, I would like to encourage if you find the same situation in the future, here’s how to report a policy violation from within a listing:

1. ?Go to the listing for the item you want to report.
    2. Click the Report item link on the right side of the page, above the seller’s detailed item description.
    3. From the drop-down menus, choose the reason for your report, then click Continue.
    4. Please try to …
    [THREAD ID: 1-1023ZOWO]

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I wonder how long it is until he asks for this thread to be excluded from the google results – it’ll be difficult for people to find out his history if he asks for any reference to be expunged from search engines.

I would suggest a new one every six months linking back to this one

Tiger6791

Edit: wrong place in hindsight

bearnecessities

It may well be misplaced indignation, it’s the internet wordy place after all, so only bits of text to go on. Plus I wasn’t calling out an individual, just posting observations/view on the thread direction.

Someone calling one of the victims of acon artist a prick, kinda poked me into my misplaced indignation.

It was 4:30am though and I’d not slept well, so apologies to anyone who thought I was accusing them of anything.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Just a thought; would sharing the shyster’s identity on your Facebook feed start getting the word around effectively? We’re all bound to have a 2nd/3rd degree connection in the area…..

To the people who’ve been fleeced by this bellend, Ryan Stott, I sincerely hope you recover your funds.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Bear – that was me. I won’t apologise because quite frankly that was how mot was acting when confronted by those who know better about these things who were only trying to put things into perspective. Ungrateful us another way of putting it.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Bear – that was me. I won’t apologise because quite frankly that was how mot was acting when confronted by those who know better about these things who were only trying to put things into perspective. Ungrateful us another way of putting it.

I wonder whether mot is smarting a little having been ripped off, being confronted by “those who know better” would put me on the defensive too.
    Try empathy instead of insults, you (pl) might know better but you (pl) certainly have problems in communicating this in a credible way. If you disagree with this, then you are obviously a prick as I am an expert in teaching and know more than you.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It happened to six and more of of us we can’t all be wrong. Iv’e been driving Land Rovers for over 40 years probably long before you were born.

Ouch. I think that’s half the problem. Getting all misty eyed over some shonky old tractors has made a few folk lose their senses.

Putting a (non-returnable?) deposit on something that may not exsist is bonkers.

It might have been OK in the 50’s, you could leave your door unlocked, all this was just fields.

That sort of nostalgia will be leapt upon by crooks these days. Ask the young uns 😀

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

you (pl) certainly have problems in communicating this in a credible way. If you disagree with this, then you are obviously a prick as I am an expert in teaching and know more than you.

Yes. That’s completely analogous.

mot365
    Free Member

captainsasquash Lets be clear hear. I for one have no interest in what you or the other “know it all’s” ( you know who you are ) put forward on here with your so called expertise in Defenders i.e taking a hammer when looking at them or how the roofs leak and engines run etc. This forum is to warn others about Stott and get him off the radar for good. Neither am I on here for sympathy.

zokes
    Free Member

Yes, down with these experts who know things about stuff 🙄

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

How do you feel now, Captain?

pictonroad

This forum is to warn others about Stott and get him off the radar for good.

No it isn’t

😯

The only thread you’ve posted on, this isn’t a Land Rover consumer advice forum. Wool has participated in this community (yeh, that’s what it is) and we feel for him accordingly.

Neither am I on here for sympathy.

But you are here to start slinging around insults?

I can’t help but feel you’re stretching this spirit a little.

The world of Landy’s and 4×4’s in general is FULL of people that set alarm bells ringing, it’s always been like this sadly.

mot365
    Free Member

Pictonrod. Grow up.

pictonroad

Genuine tea spitting guffaw at that, well played.

tpbiker
    Free Member

If you disagree with this, then you are obviously a prick as I am an expert in teaching and know more than you.

can’t be that good at communicating as MOT clearly thought you were having a pop at him there 🙂

Surely we can all have a bit of fun with that e.bay listing though…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

MOT thinks we’re all having a pop at him. 🙁

pictonroad

To be fair to him, I am.

zokes
    Free Member

Mot, do us a favour and do one. Perhaps come back when you’ve worked out how to behave in public.

By the way, what bike do you ride?

wwaswas

mot365, your anger is directed at the wrong people.

Everyone has an opinion, some feel that those ripped off by Stott were too trusting or their expectations of what coudl be achieved unrealistic.

they’re not saying you deserve to lose your money.

if you carry on the way you are this thread will be closed and then your chances of ‘spreadign the word’ will be reduced.

This is a bike forum, albeit a popular one with a wide range of members, I think you need to go on a consumer rights forum if you want to continue your fight.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Shut up, wwaswas! You’re not my real dad!

khani
    Free Member

Does this mean the ‘one life so live it’ sticker factory is in trouble?..

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

How do you feel now, Captain?

I feel like putting my tail between my legs and sloping off quitely.
    For mot, it’s here and not hear when we say listen here!

*Goes to a quiet corner for a cry*

tomhoward

Well, I think the chap that the OP, and others, have beef with is a thoroughly nice man, and any criticism of him or his business is totally unfounded.

There, the thread is now complete.

(I’m making a joke at stw’s expense, to all those that are out of pocket. WhT happened to you is shit, hope you all get as much back as you can, and laddo gets what’s coming to him)

Dickyboy

Does this mean the ‘one life so live it’ sticker factory is in trouble?..

No, they’ve branched out into “one life livid” stickers instead *

* apologies to all those who’ve lost money to the s**tbag trader

mot365
    Free Member

Dickyboy

You have got it in one 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 404 total)

The topic ‘So I bought a Defender PT3’ is closed to new replies.