Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 361 total)
  • So how close were we to guns pulled yesterday?
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

Just looking at the damage to Charles and Camillas car. Fairly smashed window considering I assume it’s bullet proof/protected in some way.

There must have been at least one armed officer with his hand in his dinner jacket and the sound of the click to fully automatic option in the car/van behind.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I wondered that too, there must come a point where somebody pulls a gun & fires… how far away from that were they? Must have been a few close protection guys praying it didnt go any further I think.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I know we sometimes appear to be going backwards at an alarming rate in terms of civilised behaviour, but I still reckon Britain is probably a long way off being the sort of country in which plain clothed security agents open fire on crowds because of a perceived threat to the monarch’s son. Let’s hope so anyway.

allthepies
    Free Member

I would imagine the first course of action would be to fire shots in the air to disperse the crowd rather than start popping caps in asses.

ton

not close enough………imho

binners

Monarchs aren’t what they used to be are they? Surely there’s a proud tradition in this country of the glorious leader gleefully defending oneself from the common peasantry.

In the good old days, surely Charlie would have had a handy broadsword to lop the head off any of his subjects who offended his delicate aesthetic sensibilities

Tsk. Is it any wonder the country is in the state its in

br
    Free Member

Very far away, the cops aren’t daft and its not America/Russia/Africa/<insert other bandit country/region>

nb – and the Roller’s probably armoured/protected

bassspine
    Free Member

It was ok, the armed police used ‘restraint’ I heard it on R4 so it must be all right.

Duggan

Do Charles and Camilla really get 24/7 armed protection?

I’m not so sure.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

You wanted protesters shot did you Ton?

yunki
    Free Member

Only so that he could roast one for the xmas dinner…

sv

not close enough………imho

+1.

Edit: Just to add – I would agree with more robust policing for those that were trashing property if that means ‘caps in asses’ so be it. Why has this country gone softly softly?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I would imagine the first course of action would be to fire shots in the air to disperse the crowd

More likely imo to cause a panic induced stampede in which people, including children, are trampled to death.

ton

ourkidsam………….if it were to be a threat to our future monarch, then yes.

Ewan
    Free Member

I’m not so sure.

Course they do when they’re in public. That’s what the royal protection squad do. Esp when they’re on their way to a previous announced high profile engagement (i.e. Royal Variety Performance).

br
    Free Member

Had to laugh at the Mash:

The Duchess said: “I’m fine, thank you. At least the driver wasn’t shit-faced.”

ocrider

Which it wasn’t. It was Charles.

Badum….tish!

ton

😆

Onzadog
    Free Member

You have to be careful firing into the air. What goes up, must come down. If you draw a weapon, it’s because you need to use it.

backhander
    Free Member

Ernie +1

ourkidsam
    Free Member

What level of threat requires summary execution? Was it the paint on the car or the cracked window?!

kimbers

idiocy on behalf of the police or direct provocation to take the royal convoy into hundreds of protestors (or was the lead driver a secret republican)

i mean what better symbol of inequality and overpriveledge than our future king who failed his degree in history but had it awarded to him anyway
    to taunt the protestors with

this isnt entirely unprecednted i was at uni in aberystwyth when some militant welsh students forced the queens rolls off the road when she was there to open the national library of wales

http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/daily-mail-london-england-the/mi_8002/is_1996_June_1/welsh-shame-student-demo-halts/ai_n35760043/

ourmaninthenorth

I mistakenly thought I had stumbled upon a thread of fellow republicans, and the reference was to doing the decent thing and slaying a couple of members of the sponging classes.

Sadly, there are a lot of people who get a semi at the thought of steel-minded security “personnel” killing off members of the public who were having the temerity to push back the balance of power for an afternoon.

We know whose side you lot would have been on at Peterloo…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What level of threat requires summary execution?

Well if Charles had tried to get out and kick off with the protesters then yeah, I’d have said “Take him down”.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

if it were to be a threat to our future monarch, then yes

There isn’t enough of that sort of patriotism these days, gawd bless you mate. Like you, I see the Royal Family as “My Family”. Unfortunately I reckon that pulling a gun out in a heaving chaotic crowd, and then firing shots willy-nilly during the ensuing mayhem, is rather more likely to put the heir to the throne’s life in danger, than preserve it.

Coyote
    Free Member

I don’t think that the parasite and his current squeeze were under much threat do you?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Got to question the stupidity, given the particular situation, to send C+C out in a big flashy car, through an area full of people who may resort to violence. Why not use a simple inconspicuous vehicle like a mini-vayn, which would probbly have gone unnoticed?

Oh no; the Heir to the Throne simply must have a big spensive car to transport he and his good lady wife to the Thee-etter, darlings.

Pft. The nation faces uncertain times, and probable mass civil unrest, and Charles and Camilla are off to see a play. Sums up just how valid the monarchy is, really.

binners

Its yet another thing the French are considerably better than us at. The whole Royal Family thing

The English way – Disrupt their trip to watch some second rate comedians with a bit of Paint.

The French way – Heads on spikes outside the Palace

I know which gets my vote

Duffer
    Free Member

I would imagine the first course of action would be to fire shots in the air to disperse the crowd

They should only ever open fire if they perceive an “imminent threat to human life”, and kids throwing paint at an armoured car is hardly that… However, mistakes happen (bloody sunday, anyone?) and these protestors/idiots are playing with fire if they are prepared to put on this kind of performance around armed police.

Yes.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

if it were to be a threat to our future monarch, then yes.

Unless you look at it as a public sector cut with no massive redundancy payment.
    PLUS we’d probably all get a holiday
    PLUS the floral wreath industry would receive a much needed boost
    AND another Elton John classsic in the making
    NOT TO MENTION more conspiracy theories than a WikiLeaks show trial

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

They should only ever open fire if they perceive an “imminent threat to human life”, no reporters or cameras in the immediate vicinity and a clearly visible dark skinned target

Fixed

ton

just a quick q……….why were some of the rioters students wearing masks/hoodies/scarves to hide their faces??

kimbers

because they are worried that the violent thugs in uniforms will hunt them down and persecute them for exorcising their right to protest

ton

😆

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I think there was probably one hand on a butt somewhere in that convoy, & I don’t means Chas’s on Cammie’s in the back of the limmo either!

allthepies
    Free Member

Chas on the driver ?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Chas on Dave?

kimbers

or ton did u mean these guys?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    because they are worried that the violent thugs in uniforms civil law enforcement agencies will hunt them down and persecute prosecute them for exorcising their right to protest[b]commit criminal damage and assault members of the civil law enforcement agencies[/b]

fixed it for you

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 361 total)

The topic ‘So how close were we to guns pulled yesterday?’ is closed to new replies.