Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • So has she finally left us…?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Feels like she sort of arrived, mooched around in the lobby for a bit, never bothered to take her coat off, and now she’s leaving 🙁

zippykona

She’s with me in Sardinia 😆

jekkyl

yup defo, the wife wanted to put the heating on last night. I told her sharply, put on a jumper!

prawny

No sign of her when I went out for a run before work this morning, dark, foggy, drizzley, cold. And then I mangled my knee and nearly shat myself 6 miles in to a 10 miler. Misery.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice prawny! I got a right soaking about half an hour into an already dreary windy afternoon ride, turned round and headed home in a grump. Guess it’s time to get out the winter bike and clothes 🙁

samunkim
    Free Member

We had a great time together Sunday.
    Stayed with me all day, whilst I was building a new trail & didn’t get bored and wander, off until 8:30.

prawny

I spent Sunday in a&e with shrimp no1 and his broken arm.

Just to clear up, so to speak, I didn’t actually do a Paula Radcliffe, I managed to control myself, then the knee went.

benji
    Free Member

Perhaps her colder hearted sister might be kind and mild.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Sounds better than the flatulent and incontinent one we’ve had all summer.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I think she’s been around for a while, certainly followed me around since March or thereabouts.

Be nice once in a while if she lifted up he skirt and showed he panties off a bit though 🙄

somafunk

I had a holiday fling with her all last week up at Aviemore…..which was nice, she’s passing through Galloway so i’m just away out to meet her.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Did she flip your seat post as a joke?

somafunk

😀 That was a large demo bike so i flipped the seat post to try and get it to fit me better.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I spent three days with her. She decided to leave as I was getting too dependent and needy.
    Harsh but correct.

nedrapier

Had a really great week with her in Helsinki. but 2 days past Finnish National Putting-the-Outdoor-Furniture-Away Day, she’s gone, gone, gone.

Weekend should be OK though! 😆 8)

mrblobby
    Free Member

She’s back! 🙂

Think it might be time to rearrange some meetings and to make the most of it!

eviljoe
    Free Member

Found her in the Lake District this weekend, had a lovely couple of days together, and darn it if she hasn’t followed me home to Devon 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Trails riding better last night than for most of the actual summer…

colin9

This morning’s commute suggests that the season has changed. I think it’s time to break out the long sleeve jersey.

jekkyl

right with you mrblobby, my bike accidentally fell into the car before I left for work this morning, (along with helmet, shorts, gloves etc) The sun is shining and my afternoon work schedule has been cleared.
    Don’t tell the wife though and then turn up at home at the usual time 😉
    ‘you look tired dear’
    ‘yeahhh hard day at work’
    Is it wrong to lie to your wife?

igm

Her dark haired sister, Mistress Nightride, has arrived though.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Jekkyl, same plan here 🙂

Igm, had a most pleasant night ride last night too on the roads, didn’t even need gloves.

tonyg2003

Rode yesterday in the Surrey hills. 21-22degrees in the sunshine on dry grippy trails. One of the few bonuses of being in this overcrowded part of the world.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ll be having a fumble with her in the woods this weekend if she hangs around until then.

oli31
    Free Member

Patches of frost on the dog walk and scraped proper ice off the windscreen at 8.30am this morning so it seems we’ve missed autumn and gone straight to winter on Speyside!

lunge

Took the long way home last night to make the most of her, 40 road miles in the evening sun, beautiful stuff. Bit nippy mind, arm definitely needed to be covered, but the sun was out and that’s all that matters.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Proper dusty ride this afternoon. Took a photo of the stanchions just for use in one of these threads. No idea how to get get said photo on here though.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bugger, the sun is shining and work hassle is eating into valuable riding time 😡 Should hopefully still be time for a couple of hours before the kiddies get home.

matt_outandabout

Still here today

Bregante

It certainly felt like winter was on its way for the first half of this morning’s ride…

But as the morning went by it soon brightened up 8)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Work has gotten in the way of my afternoon riding plans. NOT HAPPY.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

She came to visit me at the weekend but I’ve been in bed for 3 days with man flu.
    Darn.

scotroutes

Aye – subzero when I left Aviemore this morning.

But then it was also 22C this afternoon!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I almost got sun burnt today and rode in just shorts and a T
    If it had been a windless day then I would have been very hot
    Lovely

She is still teasing us and hopefully here for the weekend

allfankledup

Better be here for the weekend, off to circumnavigate Arran…

geoffj

Had to scrape the ice off the windscreen this morning – was 6:30 though.

Ambrose

Indian summer here in Carmarthenshire, loving it. Pooch and I are out and about on the trails and loving it.

Did you know that ‘The Shed’ cafe will cook an egg for your dog for 50p?

Kunstler

I was in short sleeves at 4000 feet on Braeriach yesterday.

somafunk

Nope, she’s still hanging around and full of apologies for not turning up earlier on in the summer 😀

I left work at 3pm with the excuse “the weather’s far too nice to be stuck in here so i’m heading into the hills”

It was a cracking sunset 1300 ft up in the galloway hills, but the temp soon dropped as the sun disappeared behind the hills so the hip flask of whisky and the flask of espresso was most welcome, i stayed out till the (galloway dark sky park) milky way was streaked across the sky but my stomach was rumbling so i had to make my way back home.

The sky turned bright red very briefly for 30 seconds then started to darken (specific angle of sunlight refraction on atmospheric pollution? – very weird but cool)

And finally

All in all quite a good night out on the bike, nae great distance covered but my inner soul feels calmed after sitting on a hillside for 3 hours taking in the changing views. 😀

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘So has she finally left us…?’ is closed to new replies.